[GO-ESSP] (Not) setting up a GO-ESSP Portal re-use repository

Stephens, A (Ag) A.Stephens at rl.ac.uk
Thu Dec 22 11:08:53 MST 2005

Dear all,

You may recall that I proposed at the last GO-ESSP meeting that we should set up a portal components registry, where portal components could be archived, documented and hence re-used by other portal builders. I received a small amount of support for the idea after the meeting but not quite enough to get it onto my to-do list. At this time of year I find myself chopping actions off the list and I propose to axe this proposed registry idea.

However, I'm prepared to be proved wrong. If you all thought it was a great idea then please shout loudly now and if enough of you do I'll be propelled into making it happen in 2006.

Happy holidays to you all,

Ag
--
Ag Stephens				Tel: +44 (0)1392 884263
 BADC - UK Met Office Coordinator	Fax: +44 (0)1392 885681
E-mail (Met Office):	ag.stephens at metoffice.gov.uk
E-mail (BADC):		a.stephens at rl.ac.uk
Home page:		http://home.badc.rl.ac.uk/astephens

BADC details:      British Atmospheric Data Centre,
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,
Chilton, Didcot, OX11 0QX, UK.   	http://badc.nerc.ac.uk