[GO-ESSP] FW: [NDG-Internal] Wiki update

Latham, SE (Sue) S.E.Latham at rl.ac.uk
Fri Nov 19 15:30:09 MST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: nerc-datagrid-internal-bounces at ncas.ac.uk
[mailto:nerc-datagrid-internal-bounces at ncas.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Harwood, AS
(Andrew)
Sent: 19 November 2004 15:14
To: 'nerc-datagrid-internal at ncas.ac.uk'
Subject: [NDG-Internal] Wiki update

I have now upgraded the NDG wiki to the latest version of the Kwiki
software. You will notice a few small differences in the interface. It also
has some exciting new features, including the option to do differences
between different versions of a page and more formatting options. It also
has a new function, 'Tree', courtesy of Bryan. This prints out a tree of the
page layout structure from the current location and prints the contents of
all of those pages.

Please make sure that you register your name by going to the 'preferences'
page (http://ndg.badc.rl.ac.uk/kwiki/ndg/index.cgi?action=user_preferences),
entering a name and pressing 'Save'. This saves a cookie on your computer
that enables any pages that you edit to be identified. It is a persistent
cookie, so you should only have to do this once. You may already have a
cookie from the previous version of kwiki, but I'm not sure if they will
still be valid.

The observant amongst you will notice that the wiki has moved from the
cgi-bin directory to the htdocs directory. I discovered that this makes it
easier to configure the wiki. I have added a redirect so that the old urls
should still work.

If you discover any problems please let me know.

Regards, Andrew