[Go-essp-tech] Replica support in Gateway 2.0

Estanislao Gonzalez gonzalez at dkrz.de
Thu Nov 10 09:20:17 MST 2011

Hi,

this analogy seams perfect. Now regarding to the options we have at the
moment:
1) How "unique" is the dataset id in a Gateway? Federation wide, local
gAteway or project unique?
2) Depending on one, the procedure could involve "moving" the published
data to some other project, Gateway, Federation :-)

I think this could be achievable:
1) Data gets replicated to some Gateway (redundancy enforced)
2) The originated Gateway, if it's also replicating, should replicate
(just data, no publication yet) from the QC checked replica.
3) The "pre-print" gets removed (which either mean move to a different
project, Gateway, etc or really completely delete it from the Gateway)
4) The replica gets published.

I might be omitting something, but it seams achievable right now.

My 2c,
Estani