[Go-essp-tech] Replica support in Gateway 2.0

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 10 05:23:39 MST 2011

Hi Eric,

Replicas are beginning to show up in CMIP5 and this is exposing some gaps in what Gateway 1.x can do.  I know you are reimplementing replica support in Gateway 2.0 so I'd like to raise these issues now.

We need to be able to publish a replica to the same Gateway that hosts the original.  I can't imagine this being possible with Gateway 1.x since the URL http://<GATEWAY>/dataset/<dataset-id>.html only points to one dataset on that Gateway.  Either that page needs to link to the original and all replicas for that dataset or we need separate URLs for each replica/original, or both.

Is this part of your design for Gateway 2.0's replica support?

Thanks,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK