[ES_JOBS_NET] Photochemical Modeler Position at Georgia DNR
kuo-jen.liao at dnr.ga.gov
Thu Apr 11 09:43:18 MDT 2019
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources (Environmental Protection Division, Air Protection Branch) is seeking a photochemical modeler to assist with SIP development in Atlanta, GA. More information is available here (https://gadnr.org/careers<https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgadnr.org%2Fcareers&data=02%7C01%7Ckuo-jen.liao%40dnr.ga.gov%7Ceff3f21f5ed04864a1cb08d6be8d474c%7C512da10d071b4b948abc9ec4044d1516%7C0%7C0%7C636905911331259043&sdata=DWekyE0A5Qqfyr0YbuUSq9EkgvhHg8VcApPykiudgG4%3D&reserved=0>). Please see page 4 of “DNR Vacancy Announcement (Expires 04/23/19)” for application procedures and pages 16-17 for the “Modeler” position listing. Applications are due April 23, 2019.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PHOTOCHEMICAL MODELING POSITION AT GEORGIA DNR
• Georgia Department of Natural Resources - Environmental Protection Division - Air Protection Branch - Atlanta, GA
• See https://gadnr.org/sites/default/files/dnrnet/pdf/DNR_Vacancy_Announcement.pdf for application procedures (page 4). The “Modeler” position is listed on pages 16-17.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT - Department Of Natural Resources Division<https://gadnr.org/sites/default/files/dnrnet/pdf/DNR_Vacancy_Announcement.pdf>
4 Vacancy Ann # 14-2019 Return to the Vacant Position Listing Deadline Date 04/16/19 Applicant Information • Vacancies are open to all qualified applicants. Applicants will be screened for the minimum qualifications listed for each
• Applications are due April 23, 2019.
The Data & Modeling Unit applies advanced air quality models to simulate the transport and fate of pollutants in the atmosphere. The incumbent in this position may be required to utilize programs and elements of Sparse Matrix Operator Kernel Emissions (SMOKE), Motor Vehicle Emission Simulator (MOVES), and NONROAD emissions models; Weather Research and Forecast (WRF) meteorological model; Positive Matrix Factorization (PMF) and Chemical Mass Balance (CMB) observational models; Community Multiscale Air Quality (CMAQ) and Comprehensive Air Quality Model with Extensions (CAMx) photochemical grid models; global climate models; health benefits models; Package for Analysis and Visualization of Environmental data (PAVE) and Visualization Environment for Rich Date Interpretation (VERDI) to view modeling results. The incumbent will be expected to present work products at local, regional, and national meetings and conferences.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
• Masters or Ph.D. degree
• Strong background in atmospheric chemistry and physics, emission inventory development, emissions modeling, meteorological modeling, observational based modeling, numerical modeling, and/or air quality modeling
• Familiar with EPA rules and guidance related to emission inventory development and State Implementation Plan (SIP) air quality modeling
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Strong background in scientific computer programming (FORTRAN, Python), database management (ACCESS, MYSQL), Geographic Information System (GIS) and experience with Linux and Unix
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net