[ES_JOBS_NET] Director of Student Engagement and Academic Support Programs, University of Colorado Boulder
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Thu Mar 29 13:04:47 MDT 2018
Director of Student Engagement and Academic Support Programs - 12878
The Director of Student Engagement and Academic Support Programs is a senior leadership position in the Academic Advising Center (AAC) of the College of Arts & Sciences. It is one of two Director level positions who report directly to the Assistant Dean for Academic Advising & Student Success.
This position leads the administration of a number of high-impact student support and engagement activities in the College of Arts and Sciences and works in collaboration with the College administration to coordinate activities pertaining to recruiting and admission of new students, orientation, academic coaching, first-year experience, and other retention-related activities. The purpose of the position is to support the persistence and success of all undergraduates in the College.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a consistent ability to lead and develop programs and initiatives at all levels of the unit as well as demonstrate a commitment to collaborative and constructive leadership. Throughout all interactions and decisions, this individual should actively support and ensure engagement with the AAC's mission, vision and values. This position will serve as a resource to all AAC constituents, (e.g. students, advisors, parents, campus offices, etc.).
Who we are:
The College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Colorado Boulder is the intellectual core of the university, conducting research, scholarship, creative work and education in more than 60 fields. Our research generates new knowledge, solving some of the world's most critical problems. The college leads nationally in undergraduate and graduate education, bringing world-class research and scholarship to our students, both in and out of the classroom.
What your key responsibilities will be:
* Lead the Student Engagement and Academic Support Programs area within the Academic Advising Center providing strategy, structure, and guidance.
* Work closely with Assistant Dean on strategic planning and outcomes.
* Ensure quality and effectiveness of student support and engagement initiatives.
* Develop partnerships, relationships, and collaborations with academic affairs and student affairs offices and departments across campus in order to provide excellent service to students and promote the mission and goals of the unit.
* Represent the AAC by meeting with campus partners and administrators to advocate and advance new initiatives and policies in service to students.
* Regularly evaluate the organizational structure and staffing of the units to determine effectiveness, efficiency, clarity in job roles, and opportunity for advancement and professional development among staff.
* Supervise professional staff including associate/assistant directors, managers and program coordinators.
* Manage the operations of Engagement and Academic Support programs and initiatives.
* Hire and train new staff, and communicate job expectations.
* Through research, networking and professional development, expand knowledge of best practices in recruiting, orientation and student support and develops the means for sharing this knowledge with staff and professional networks.
* Assign and delegate tasks, provide direction, monitor progress and workflow.
* Conduct employee annual evaluations.
Student Engagement Events and Programs
Recruitment, Admissions, and Onboarding of New Students
* Manage and coordinate recruiting activities for the college and serves as point of contact for CU Office of Admissions.
* Manage the development and execution of New Student Orientation - fall, spring and summer.
* Manage the College's involvement in testing and placement for all incoming students.
* Manage the intra-university transfer (IUT) process, providing stronger recruiting/programming for current CU-Boulder students who are curious about, and interested in transferring into, the College of Arts and Sciences.
Programs and Initiatives
* Develop and execute programs to create a culture of engagement in campus life that supports intellectual and personal growth among students as well as persistence to graduation.
* Develop and execute success programs such as: Explore A&S, Majors Fairs, and Faculty Engagement Programs.
* Create and implement transitions programs to address persistent and student satisfaction goals.
* Coordinate student leadership development opportunities and engagement through support of student clubs and organizations.
* Create and coordinate pipeline programs with Career Services addressed at developing internship and job placement programs for College of Arts and Sciences students.
First Year Experience
* Coordinate the designated First Year Advisors across the Advising Neighborhoods.
* Oversee advisor assignments for incoming students and applies knowledge of caseloads and student populations to oversee advising initiatives like New Student Welcome, the sophomore transition and others.
* Manage the coordination of events and programs targeted for first year students.
Peer Programs, Academic Coaching and Early Alert Initiatives
* Lead the development, implementation, and assessment of the Academic Coaching and Early Alert initiatives for the College of Arts and Sciences.
* Manage the coordination of the peer mentor/peer advisor initiative across the AAC and advising neighborhoods.
Communication and Marketing
* Manage the communication strategy for the Academic Advising Center including communication with incoming and current students in collaboration with the Director of Advising and Academic Services.
* Serve as a liaison to A&S Marketing and Communications for the revision of student-facing collateral.
* In consultation with the Assistant Dean, draft and distribute messages to the student body as needed.
* Manage the content of the Academic Advising Center website and evaluate content with the intention of reaching a wide range of audiences that includes prospective, newly admitted, and current students, as well as alumni, faculty, staff, and external community members.
* Ensure that collateral content aligns with A&S goals, communicates the desired message to the intended audience, and adheres to school identity standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines.
* Supports the development and implementation of social media initiatives and manages online groups and content.
* Ensure quality and effectiveness of recruiting, new student welcome, coaching and retention programs according to College and University mission, values, and goals.
* Manage the operational aspects of the Intra-University Transfer process.
* Assist with the annual graduation ceremony and in the University's Commencement exercises.
New Programs and Initiatives
* Develop, implement and assess new initiatives that align with the AAC's mission, vision, and values.
* Support the overall strategic mission of the team and perform other related duties as assigned.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position starts at $70,000.00, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits<https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers/perks/cu-boulder>, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder<http://www.colorado.edu/about>.
Be brilliant. Be collaborative. Be strategic. Be Boulder.
What we require:
* Master's degree in higher education or related field from an accredited institution.
* 7-10 years' experience in a higher education setting with knowledge of student engagement and academic support program standards, best practices, and trends
* Experience designing and implementing student engagement programs including new student orientation and first year programs.
* Demonstrated experience with students from diverse backgrounds, awareness of issues facing students from underrepresented groups, and demonstrated commitment to campus diversity initiatives.
* Developed abilities supervising and evaluating staff (through experience and/or training).
* Experience resolving complex issues, proposing and implementing change.
What you will need:
* Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal communication skills, presentation and writing skills.
* A reputation as a positive team player with a sense of humor and a personal commitment to collaboration and integrity is essential.
* Ability to conceptualize, organize, analyze, and execute work independently; while managing other activities concurrently, both short and long term, is necessary.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize, and effectively execute multiple initiatives, programs, and events.
* Ability to collaborate and serve in a leadership capacity on campus-wide committees and outside organizations.
* Proven ability to utilize technology to promote student engagement and academics support programs.
* Knowledge of decision-making processes on a large university campus.
What we'd like you to have:
* Demonstrated experience building and developing a campus culture dedicated to areas of student retention, persistence and graduation, student support, academic support, and co-curricular living and learning.
* Demonstrated experience in developing effective print and digital marketing campaigns and collateral.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please apply by April 1, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at cucareershelp at cu.edu<mailto:cucareershelp at cu.edu?subject=CU%20Careers%20Application%20Error>. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV Application Materials Instructions: To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:<https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers>
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-12878.
Please do not upload references at this time.
: Academic Services
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10254 - Academic Advising Center
: Mar 13, 2018
: Apr 2, 2018, 5:59:00 AM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail at colorado.edu
Position Number: 00723709
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net