[ES_JOBS_NET] Assistant Professor - GeoSciences, Austin Peay State University, TN
christine.wiedinmyer.ucar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:38:27 MST 2018
Assistant Professor - GeoSciences
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
If temporary, list duration
Type of Appointment
Position Summary Information
The Department of Geosciences at Austin Peay State University invites
applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of igneous/metamorphic
petrology-mineralogy. The department offers a B.S. in Geosciences with
several concentrations in geology and geography. The Department currently
consists of 8 tenured and tenure-track geoscientists and has considerable
facilities and equipment including state-of-the-art technical equipment in
classrooms, rock prep lab, petrographic microscope lab, chemistry and
analytical labs, and an SEM with EDS that will be available for the
successful applicant's teaching and research programs.
For more information about the geosciences program visit us at
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching petrology, mineralogy, physical geology, and possibly courses in
other specialties such as economic geology;
- Initiate and develop a research program;
- Seek internal and external funding for equipment;
- Advise students and involve students in collaborative undergraduate
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of
force frequently . Work involves sitting most of the time.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Ph.D. in Geology with an expertise in Petrology and Mineralogy (advanced
ABD will also be considered if the dissertation will be completed and
successfully defended by date of hire, August 1, 2018);
- Applicant must have a B.S. or equivalent in Geology.
- Additional related experience, such as Geochemistry, Economic Geology,
Geologic Engineering, and Geologic field mapping, is desirable.
- Commitment to undergraduate education and ability to work closely with
students, faculty, staff, and administration is a must.
- The applicant must be fluent in oral and written English.
- A background search will be required of the successful applicant.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Each applicant must include the names and contact information for three
references, one of which must be from your most recent or current employer,
with your application materials. Many people add this to the end of the CV.
- If you would like to additionally attach Letters of Recommendation to your
online application, letters must be dated one year or less from the date of
your application. You may attach your letters of recommendation in the
"Optional Documents" section under the "Letter of Reference" tab. Letters of
recommendation may be sent by email to "facultyapplications at apsu.edu" or
hard copy to "Austin Peay State University, Human Resources Dept., PO Box
4507, Clarksville, TN 37044" with your name and desired position clearly
indicated after your online application is completed.
- If granted an interview, unofficial transcripts will be required of
applicants and official transcripts will be required of the selected
candidate before the candidate will be offered a position. It is highly
recommended that you attach unofficial transcripts in PDF format to your
online application in the "Optional Documents" section under the "Unofficial
Transcript" tab before finalizing and submitting your application.
- You will not be able to attach your letters of recommendation, unofficial
transcripts or any other supplemental document(s) nor modify your
application after it has been submitted.
Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.
Please refer all questions to facultyapplications at apsu.edu
Applications taken ONLINE ONLY at http://www.apsu.edu/human-resources
IT IS A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR TO MISREPRESENT ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net