[ES_JOBS_NET] Senior Climate Change Specialist Consultant, Inter-American Development Bank, Washington DC
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Wed Jul 11 17:44:46 MDT 2018
Senior Climate Change Specialist Consultant
Background: In light of the 2015 Paris Agreement and the establishment of the Sustainable Development Goals, the Climate Change Division partners with stakeholders within the IDB Group and across Latin America and the Caribbean to mobilize resources, generate and disseminate knowledge, and help build institutions to achieve low-carbon and climate-resilient development.
To achieve this mission, CSD/CCS has developed a strategic work force plan to implement its Action Plan 2017-2019, based on the creation of five strategic pillars: Mainstreaming climate change, access to climate finance, building climate institutions, developing climate knowledge and resource planning and management.
In order to advance in the access to climate finance, the Bank seeks a Climate Change Specialist to provide technical leadership in the design, implementation, management and monitoring of activities in the Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Uses (AFOLU) sector that are financed by climate-related funds in accordance to (a) the Bank's rules, regulations, policies and procedures (including those in respect to the procurement of goods and services, financial management, reporting arrangements and its framework to combat corruption); (b) the purpose for which the allocation of funds was approved; and c) any additional requirements of the funding sources.
The team: The Climate Change and Sustainable Development Sector (CSD) advises Management on climate change and sustainable development and develops overall Bank policies, strategies, operational guidelines and programs in these areas. It is also responsible for conducting relevant sector research, analytical work, best sector practices and case studies on climate change and sustainability and provides specialized technical sector support to climate change and sustainability-related operations and activities.
What you'll do: The contractual will work in partnership with stakeholders across the IDB Group and Latin America and the Caribbean to:
* Provide expert advice in the management of climate related issues pertaining to the AFOLU sector, under a sustainable landscapes approach;
* Provide inputs for programs and projects related to the AFOLU sector in the IDB, including REDD+, forestry and agriculture related activities, with the overall objective of integrating AFOLU considerations into the Bank's policies and procedures;
* Coordinate the design, implementation, management and monitoring of programs for which external sources of climate finance in the AFOLU sector are utilized.
* Provide reporting support towards compliance of the contractual obligations of the IDB regarding the administration of external resources of climate finance in the AFOLU sector.
* Provide assistance for AFOLU programs implemented under the FCPF, the Climate Investment Funds and the Green Climate Fund and other sources of climate finance for possible synergies, including co-financing. Build internal and external understanding of climate change related opportunities and risks based on the lessons learned in the IDB;
* Design and implement policy and financial approaches to facilitate transformation toward low-carbon and climate-resilient development.
* Education: Master's degree or equivalent with a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience in Forest Conservation, Forest Science, or a related discipline.
* Experience: Project development, management and appraisal; knowledge of sector climate issues and understanding of forestry, agriculture, and land use, climate finance availability, delivery and targeting for transformational change and the nexus between climate change and sustainability issues. Expertise and understanding of approaches to mitigation of GHG emissions in the AFOLU sector. Experience in the design, implementation and assessment of climate mitigation projects and programs in the AFOLU sector. Ideally with direct experience of working with Governments and the private sector, and a minimum of three (3) years working in an international environment. Experience working with multilateral institutions on projects for both the public and private sector, with international sources of climate finance is required
* Languages: Excellent command of two official languages of the IDB, in this case English and Spanish. Portuguese and French a plus
* Core and Technical Competencies: Excellent communications skills, including written and oral; proven ability to communicate complex concepts and prepare reports that are clear, concise and meaningful. Excellent teamwork skills, goals-driven, with the ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
Type of contract: Consultant
Length of contract: 12 months
Starting date: September 1st, 2018
Location: IDB Headquarters, Washington, DC, United States of America
Responsible Person: Climate Change Lead Specialist
Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB's 48-member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of development fields, including transportation, health, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
About us: At the Inter-American Development Bank, we're devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we've been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48 member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
Payment and Conditions: Compensation will be determined in accordance with Bank's policies and procedures. The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may contribute toward travel and moving expenses. In addition, candidates must be citizens of an IDB member country.
Visa and Work Permit: The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may submit a visa request to the applicable immigration authorities; however, the granting of the visa is at the discretion of the immigration authorities. Notwithstanding, it is the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the necessary visa or work permits required by the authorities of the country(ies) in which the services will be rendered to the Bank. If a candidate cannot obtain a visa or work permit to render services to the Bank the contractual offer will be rescinded
Consanguinity: Pursuant to applicable Bank policy, candidates with relatives (including the fourth degree of consanguinity and the second degree of affinity, including spouse) working for the IDB, IDB Invest, or MIF as staff members or Complementary Workforce contractuals, will not be eligible to provide services for the Bank.
Diversity: The Bank is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities to all candidates. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
: HQ-US-Washington DC
: Jul 10, 2018, 4:00:00 AM
: Aug 1, 2018, 3:59:00 AM
Contact Name - External
: Jobs Online
Contact Email - External
: jobsonline at iadb.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net