[ES_JOBS_NET] Vacancy: Scientific coordinator/PostDoc researcher at the Doctoral Programme Climate Change, University of Graz (Austria)
Lackner, Bettina Christina (firstname.lastname@example.org)
bettina.lackner at uni-graz.at
Wed Jan 24 07:34:52 MST 2018
The Institute of Philosophy is looking for a "Project Assistant with doctorate for the coordination of the Doktoratskolleg (DK) Climate Change"
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment until 02/2022; position to be filled as of now)
* Scientific management of the Doktoratskolleg (PhD doctoral programme, see http://dk-climate-change.uni-graz.at)
* Establishing and managing internal and external scientific networks (for and with faculty members, doctoral students, and international research partners)
* Organising the training programme of the DK (summer school, conferences, meetings, seminars, and workshops) and supporting the participating doctoral students (in collaboration with the administrative manager of the DK)
* Coordinating and participating in the faculty meetings of the DK
* Mentoring and supporting the doctoral students in their research and career activities, e.g., with planning their study programme and organising their research stays abroad
* Organising and supporting visits of the international cooperation partners
* Research projects and publications on issues and topics related to the themes of the DK
* A PhD (or equivalent) in a discipline of the DK (philosophy, law, system sciences, economics, meteorology and hydrology, climate sciences)
* Current research projects on issues and topics related to the themes of the DK
* Excellent command of written and spoken English
* Experience in applying for 3rd party funding for research projects and in managing such projects
* Studies or research experience (at least one academic year) at a non-Austrian institution (desirable)
* Excellent communication skills
* High level of organisational competence and ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
* Ability to work under pressure and with flexibility
* Self-starter with high levels of initiative
The Coordinator is supported by a full-time administrative manager. Consequently, in addition to fulfilling her/his responsibilities as coordinator of the DK, the post-holder will also have the opportunity to pursue her/his research projects and to participate in the academic and research activities of the DK.
Classification: Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
Minimum salary: The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3711.10 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: February 13th, 2018
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents (combined in one PDF-file) via email within the stated deadline to:
dk.climate-change at uni-graz.at
DK Climate Change, University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Dr. Bettina C. Lackner
DK Climate Change, University of Graz
Email: dk.climate-change at uni-graz.at
More information about the Es_jobs_net