[ES_JOBS_NET] Oil and Gas Specialist, Boulder County, Colorado
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Sun Jan 14 19:18:45 MST 2018
Oil and Gas Specialist
Boulder County, CO - Boulder County, CO
$55,812 - $80,388 a year
Boulder County Public Health (BCPH) is seeking qualified candidates to join the Environmental Health division as an Oil and Gas Specialist . This position will help to build current public health capacity and expertise regarding the environmental health impacts of oil and gas development.
The Oil and Gas Specialist will support the health portion of the Boulder County Commissioners' multi-pronged approach to oil and gas development and production. The position will also support and disseminate groundbreaking air quality research; water quality monitoring; and support the oil and gas inspection program and related policy and program development, as necessary.
The Oil and Gas Specialist is a full-time, benefited position with BCPH. This position will work Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm out of the North Broadway campus at 1313 Iris in north Boulder, CO. Under the FLSA this position is classified as exempt.
Starting salary range: $4,651 - $5,675/month
Full salary range: $4,651 - $6.699/month
* Creating health equity, which means everyone has the opportunity to attain their highest level of health, is a guiding principle of Boulder County Public Health (BCPH). All positions within the agency are expected to work toward achieving health equity in Boulder County.
* BCPH is committed to the diversity of its staff, as well as providing culturally responsive programs and services that help to reduce health inequities in Boulder County. As such, BCPH welcomes and encourages applicants from all diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply for positions within the agency.
* BCPH aspires to conduct its work in accordance with its core values: Leadership, Integrity, Respect and Compassion, Teamwork and Collaboration, Innovation, and Personal and Professional Development.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
* Supports and oversees research that measures the air and water quality impacts of oil and gas operations and appropriately disseminates research findings.
* Performs evaluations of air and water quality inspection and compliance reports to identify key areas of noncompliance and/or consistency with approved designs and facility operations and performance.
* Assists proposed oil and gas drilling facilities, as necessary, for permitting and/or compliance with air and water quality protection practices, including storm water requirements and reduction of leaks and spills.
* Reviews existing data sources for information on oil and gas facility compliance with air and water quality protection requirements. Documents findings, including identifying issues and geographic areas of concern.
* Provides information and resources to existing oil and gas and air and water quality staff, as well as operators of oil and facilities to support permit and compliance topics and requirements.
* Interprets and supports policies, programs, and regulations that align with air and water quality protection.
* Responds to requests for information or assistance from the public, the regulated community, environmental groups, boards and commissions, and county staff and departments.
* May be reassigned in an emergency situation.
PLEASE NOTE: When submitting your application be sure to include all relevant education and experience, as applications are screened based on the qualifications listed in this position announcement. Applications that do not appear to meet minimum qualifications, as outlined below, will not be considered. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of completed applications.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental protection, public health, or related field.
* Two years of professional experience in engineering, environmental science, or public health - related profession.
Additional related education may count towards required experience.
* Applicants must have a valid driver's license, a good driving record, use of own personal vehicle, and current automobile insurance.
* A job offer is contingent on passing a criminal background investigation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* Experience with and ability to understand, interpret, and apply statutes and regulations pertaining to assigned program areas.
* Knowledge of educational and community outreach strategies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including educational class presentation skills.
* Ability to use standard computer software (i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel) and work efficiently with diverse databases.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, clients, outside agencies, and the public.
* Must be an effective team player.
* Must be culturally sensitive and willing to work with a diverse population.
Boulder County is a family-friendly workplace dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment for all employees. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net