[ES_JOBS_NET] Senior Scientist, Arcadis, Broomfield, CO
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Thu Jan 4 20:19:19 MST 2018
CO, Boulder, CO, Broomfield
Arcadis' global mining clients are creating increasing demand for water management/remediation project delivery and technical leadership in ANA. Our leadership team is seeking to add a highly motivated, creative, technically competent and strategic thinker, with a proven ability to work with clients and colleagues in a collaborative and team-oriented environment. This individual will take responsibility for the continued growth, delivery of excellence, and enhancing our services in the mining sector, serving as a Senior Scientist/Doer/Seller. The position will be based in Broomfield, CO office.
The candidate must also have an industry-leading understanding of the mining business from a client perspective, be a self-starter with initiative, strong work ethic, and ability to work in a collaborative environment with a commitment to excellence. Strong background in safety and quality initiatives are key requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Senior level program manager for the ANA ENV business line working collaboratively with the mining sector to support existing clients/programs with reclamation, closure, and surface water management of legacy mining sites. Lead and build teams on a local and ANA-wide level to deliver these assignments.
* Develop/leverage ANA-assigned client relationships to support the expansion of the mining sector, resulting in bottom line growth
* Be a role model as a strong Doer/Seller with evolution to a strong Seller/Doer with positive impact to net revenue and profit growth.
* Active knowledge of mining sector and assigned client business growth needs, including: business priorities, strategy, industry trends and emerging issues. Leverage Arcadis' capabilities to maximize value to assigned clients.
* Recruit and mentor technical staff, troubleshoot issues, provide overall support
* Actively lead and steward both Arcadis and our client's health and safety requirements, protocols and practices.
* Support development of target client accounts
* Serve as a technical resource on pursuits and projects.
* 10 to 15 years of experience in consulting and /or mining industry
* Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, geology, environmental science or related field.
* Master of Science in engineering or related engineering management field
* This position does require travel. Travel amount is up to 25%.
* A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required for this position.
* OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver's license and clean driving record.
* Ability to effectively communicate through excellent technical writing skills and presentation of technical work to senior scientists, management, and external peers and clients.
* Demonstrated success in establishing strong client relationships and proposal development.
* PhD and at least 10 years of experience preferred.
* Technical degree in geochemistry, geology, hydrology, environmental engineering, or related field from an accredited university.
Background/Drug Screen Statement
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world's most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry's foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world's most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net