[ES_JOBS_NET] NOAA Climate & Global Change Postdoctoral Fellow
christine.wiedinmyer.ucar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 08:36:57 MST 2018
NOAA Climate & Global Change Postdoctoral Fellow
NOAA Climate & Global Change Postdoctoral Fellow
The UCAR Cooperative Programs for the Advancement of Earth System Science
(CPAESS) announce the 2018 call for applications for the NOAA Climate and
Global Change Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. Several postdoctoral fellows
will be appointed.
UCAR postdoctoral fellowship positions are for two years based on continued
program funding. Successful applicants in this program work under the
mentorship of host scientists in areas of mutual interest.
This position will be posted until April 6, 2018.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
UCAR/NCAR will sponsor a work visa to fill this position.
What You Will Do
To help create and train the next generation of leading researchers needed
for climate studies (see www.climate.noaa.gov). The program focuses on
observing, understanding, modeling and predicting the climate variability
and change on seasonal and longer time scales. This includes the
documentation and analysis of past, current, or possible future climate
variability and change and the study of the underlying physical, chemical,
and biological processes. NOAAs Climate Program Office sponsors the
· Conducts independent or collaborative research under a proposed
plan related to the goals of the program.
· Publishes and presents results of the research at seminars and
· Pursues outside activities that advance professional growth, which
may include contributing to educational programs, serving on committees, and
What You Need
· Ph.D. degree related to climate change research; with
· Preference given to those who are seeking their first fellowship
and have held a Ph.D. for no more than three years.
· Awardees must change institutions in the absence of compelling
· Ability to work independently and conduct research with minimal
· Skill in oral and written communication.
Before you begin the OpenHire process please prepare your application in one
(1) PDF document, in the order numbered below.
1. Cover letter stating the name of this program, potential host and
institution, and where you learned of this opportunity. Please also add a
justification statement, if applicable, to explain any breaks in career
2. Curriculum vitae including list of publications.
3. Name, address, and email information of four professional
Note: Applicants are responsible for contacting their references to have
letters sent to UCAR/CPAESS by the application deadline.
· One letter must be from thesis advisor, but not from a potential
· Reference letters from more than one institution are encouraged.
· References should refer to the
<http://vsp.ucar.edu/cgc/references> Letters of Reference
· Applications without four (4) letters are incomplete and may not be
reviewed by the Steering Committee.
· Reference letters should be sent to <mailto:cpaess-apply at ucar.edu>
cpaess-apply at ucar.edu.
4. PhD dissertation abstract, including title.
5. Titled project description.
Note: Description must be titled and not exceed five pages including figures
and appendices (minimum 12 pt. type size).
· References are NOT included in this 5-page limit.
· Proposals must describe an actual research project.
· Applicant is encouraged to seek help from potential mentor(s) in
writing the project description.
6. Statement of relevance to the NOAA Climate and Global Change
Program (one-page limit).
7. Host Institution Materials Host materials should be provided to
applicant by 2 April and submitted as part of the application.(Please see
<https://cpaess.ucar.edu/cgc/how-hosting-institutions-apply> How Hosting
Institutions Apply for more information)
· Your Statement of relevance should enhance and complement the
research goals outlined at the <http://www.cpo.noaa.gov/> NOAA Climate
Programs Officewebsite, and
· Address the broader impact of your research to the community at
· Letter of Intent in the case of specific laboratory needs, a
letter should accompany the application from the specific institution
willing to provide the resources.
· Curriculum vitae
· Mentoring Plan
· List of current and pending research support
Step 1. To begin the application process, at the bottom of this page click
New Resume/CV. The next page presents options for you to submit your
materials. Select Upload a resume/CV document.
Step 2. You will then be prompted to submit your résumé or CV. Click
Browse to find your file on your computer. At this point, upload your
complete application as one (1) PDF document.
Step 3. Continue the application process as prompted. Step 4 of the online
application process will ask you if you want to upload additional
documentation. Ignore this step.
Questions on the OpenHire application process may be addressed to Randy
Schalhamer at hrrecruiting at ucar.edu, or 303-497-8703.
Step 4. Please have reference letters sent by email to UCAR Cooperative
Program for the Advancement of Earth System Science at
<mailto:cpaess-apply at ucar.edu> cpaess-apply at ucar.edu:
· Applicants are responsible for contacting four referees to have
letters sent to UCAR/CPAESS by the application deadline. One letter must be
from thesis advisor, but not from a potential host, and letters from more
than one institution are encouraged. Referees should be directed to
General questions regarding this fellowship program may be addressed to
<mailto:cpaess-apply at ucar.edu> cpaess-apply at ucar.edu or 303-497-1605.
The University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) is an equal
opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer that strives to develop
and maintain a diverse workforce. UCAR is committed to providing equal
opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national
origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or
Whatever your intersection of identities, you are welcome at the University
Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR). We are committed to inclusivity
and promoting an equitable environment that values and respects the
uniqueness of all members of our organization.
Various, Colorado, United States
Term Full-Time (T1)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net