[ES_JOBS_NET] Adjunct Faculty, Part-Time Faculty - Geology, Lassen Community College – Susanville, CA
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Tue Feb 13 18:09:50 MST 2018
Part-Time Faculty - Geology
In supporting the mission of Lassen Community College, a part-time instructor applicant pool has been established to provide highly qualified instructors who are experts in their subject areas, who are skilled in teaching and serving the needs of a varied student population, who can foster overall college effectiveness, and who are sensitive to and themselves represent the racial and cultural diversity of the District community.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Academic Services, part-time faculty provide instruction in the Lassen Community College educational programs. The assignments may include collegiate transfer courses and pre-collegiate basic skills courses. The positions may include day, evening, week-end and/or on-line teaching assignments.
Education and Experience:
Master's in geology, geophysics, earth sciences, meteorology, oceanography, or paleontology OR Bachelor's in geology AND Master's in geography, physics, or geochemistry OR the equivalent.
· Demonstrated experience in instruction of applicable discipline.
· Ability to efficiently use teaching aids and technology in the classroom.
· Knowledge of adult learning theory.
· Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively in both oral and written form.
· Knowledge of the mission and philosophy of the California Community College System.
· Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with students and colleagues.
· Ability to work with designated computer programs and systems.
· Sensitivity and responsiveness to the diverse backgrounds of community college students
Please review the minimum qualifications necessary to teach the course(s) you are interested in.
Lassen Community College Minimum Qualifications Handbook:
· Instruct assigned classes in accordance with the course outline of record.
· Provide a current syllabus, which is consistent with the course outline of record to all students for each class. A course syllabus for each course taught shall be filed by the instructor with Academic Services within one week of the first meeting of the class.
· Submit grade rosters to the Office of Admissions and Records within five (5) District business days after the last day of finals. All attendance rosters and other administrative forms must be properly completed as scheduled.
· Review in cooperation with other faculty in the same subject area, textbooks, workbooks, and other materials.
· Maintain accurate and current records of student attendance and student achievement in accordance with District procedures.
· Report absences to Academic Services.
· Supervise care and maintenance of equipment provided for student use in classes.
· Teaching assignment may include face-to-face instruction in a prison environment
Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial Transcripts (Degree Posted)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net