[ES_JOBS_NET] Science and Policy Administrative Associate at EPA, North Carolina
christine.wiedinmyer.ucar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 14:12:38 MST 2018
Science and Policy Administrative Associate at EPA
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
How to Apply
* Submit application and supporting documents by clicking on Apply Now
* For more information, contact <mailto:EPAjobs at orau.org>
EPAjobs at orau.org. Do not contact EPA directly.
The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate
opening for a Science and Policy Administrative Associate position with the
Office of Research and Development at the EPA Research Triangle Park
facility in Durham, North Carolina.
The Office of Research and Development at the EPA supports high-quality
research to improve the scientific basis for decisions on national
environmental issues and helps EPA achieve its environmental goals. Research
is conducted in a broad range of environmental areas by scientists in EPA
laboratories and at universities across the country.
The Immediate Office of the Assistant Administrator (IOAA) within the Office
of Research and Development (ORD) provides leadership for implementing and
communicating ORD's research to a wide range of stakeholders. The Chemical
Safety for Sustainability (CSS) National Program Director's (NPD) office
within IOAA provides leadership on the strategic directions of ORD's CSS
The CSS research program leads development of innovative science to support
safe, sustainable design and use of chemicals and materials required to
promote human and environmental health. CSS research program outputs enable
the Agency to address impacts of existing chemicals and materials across the
lifecycle as well as to anticipate impacts of new chemicals and emerging
The selected candidate will assist the CSS NPD and Deputy NPD with the
analytical and administrative duties required to support and maintain a
robust research program, including the administration, management, and
communication of ORD science.
Management and Administrative responsibilities will include:
* Researching and summarizing information relating to Agency
activities supported by CSS research,
* Assisting with event and meeting planning and logistics, including
providing assistance in preparing talking points for speakers, creating
PowerPoint presentations and assisting room reservations and setup. This
may include travel to meetings and conferences,
* Assisting in preparation and maintenance of electronic information
(e.g., literature citations and summaries), formal communications materials
(e.g., MS Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and Excel files) and
images and video used in communications materials (e.g. digital photos,
graphic files-Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, and video files),
* Maintaining records of meetings, correspondence, and action
documents, and maintain a system to track projects in progress,
* Assisting in promoting and coordinating the use of web-based
opportunities to foster collaboration among ORD scientists,
* Providing assistance with logistical support and planning for ORD
sponsored trainings, workshops, scientific meetings, webinars, conferences
and other events, and
* Performing other tasks as required to accomplish project objectives.
Communications-related responsibilities will include:
* Assisting the team in developing oral presentations using graphics
and other interactive formats,
* Aiding in the creation, review and updates of ORD's online media
sources including Internet, Intranet, blogs, Wikis, podcasts and social
media (such as Twitter and/or Facebook), and
* Facilitating the appropriate communication and outreach in
collaboration with communications staff, related to program activities
including: creating one-page summaries, developing longer pieces based on
directed background research, and assisting in the development of
communication materials for wider audiences.
Location: This job will be located at EPA's Research Triangle Park facility
in Durham, NC.
Salary: The selected applicant will become a temporary employee of ORAU and
will receive an hourly wage of $21.27 for hours worked.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Working Conditions: This position will involve work in an administrative
setting and is not expected to involve exposure to hazardous elements.
Expected Start Date: The position is full time and expected to begin
February 2019. The selected applicant will be a temporary employee of ORAU
working as a contractor to EPA. The initial contract period is through May
14, 2019, followed by one (1) additional 12 month option period.
For more information, contact <mailto:EPAjobs at orau.org> EPAjobs at orau.org.
Do not contact EPA directly.
Eligible applicants must:
* Be at least 18 years of age and,
* Have earned at least a Bachelor's degree in a scientific or related
field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months,
* Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to
participate in this program.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
Successful candidates shall possess:
* Coursework with at least one semester each of statistics and
* Education and/or experience in both environmental science and
* Leadership skills and experience working in teams, and
* Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills.
Desired Expertise, Skills, Education, and/or Experience
It is desirable for the applicant to have:
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, desktop
publishing, and the social media tools,
* Experience in administration support functions (i.e., recordkeeping,
filing) and managing records (electronic and hardcopy) or databases,
* Strong communication skills (i.e., written, oral, telephone
etiquette, presentation abilities), including effective multi-media
technical communications including remote conferencing, and
* Coursework in writing, communications.
* Citizenship: LPR or U.S. Citizen
* Degree: Any degree received within 24 month(s).
* Computer Sciences ( <https://www.zintellect.com/> 17 )
* Earth and Geosciences ( <https://www.zintellect.com/> 23 )
* Engineering ( <https://www.zintellect.com/> 27 )
* Environmental and Marine Sciences ( <https://www.zintellect.com/> 13
* Life Health and Medical Sciences ( <https://www.zintellect.com/> 47
* Mathematics and Statistics ( <https://www.zintellect.com/> 11 )
* Other ( <https://www.zintellect.com/> 3 )
* Other Physical Sciences ( <https://www.zintellect.com/> 12 )
* Social and Behavioral Sciences ( <https://www.zintellect.com/> 36 )
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net