[ES_JOBS_NET] Application Chemist, Elementar, Ronkonkoma, NY
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Tue Dec 18 15:58:05 MST 2018
We have an opening for an Application Chemist at our office in Ronkonkoma, NY. Candidates may apply here<https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=application+chemist&jk=018d113934899ee1&_ga=2.27897528.568567679.1543371510-550090025.1531312443>. Additional information about the position is listed below. We have a few more positions I would love to shoot your way as well once I get more information on the specifications.
Elementar Americas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Elementar Analysensysteme GmbH.
Located near Frankfurt/Germany, Elementar is the world's leading manufacturer of analytical instruments for the analysis of key elements such as carbon, sulfur, nitrogen, oxygen or hydrogen found in a wide variety of chemical substances, pharmaceutical products, environmental samples, agricultural, food and feed products, petrochemistry, in education, research or industrial quality control.
With the intention of further expanding our presence throughout North America, we are recruiting for an Application Chemist based out of our Ronkonkoma, NY office..
The Application Chemist will be responsible for a variety of related functions including, but not limited to, analyzing customer samples, writing sample analysis reports, product demonstrations for prospective customers, and assist in the training of customers, Elementar staff, and distributors. In addition, the Application chemist will assist with overflow technical support for both field staff and customers via phone and email. The Application Chemist will report directly to the Applications & Technical Service Manager.
Roles and responsibilities
* Sample analysis to support the field sales team with prospective customers
* Report writing of sample preparation and results
* Assist Applications Manager with preparation for application & technical training - customers, Elementar staff, and distributors
* Assist/perform webinars for customers
* Develop "How-to" videos to assist customers and field team for instrumentation needs
* Help maintain the inventory of lab supplies
* Assist in technical support of customers and field staff via phone and email
* Travel as required to provide application support to customers and company personnel Ensure timely submission of all necessary reports and other required paperwork
* Promote sales of Service Contracts and Warranty Extensions
* Intensive training and certification program requires periodic travel to the manufacturing facilities in Manchester, UK and Langenselbold, Germany.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemistry or similar scientific field is required, graduate degrees preferred
* Experience with analytical instrumentation, preferably with Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometers (IRMS) and combustion analyzers
* Effectively communicate with customers and support staff in person, via phone or email
* Ability to produce clear and concise maintenance documentation
* Travel approximately 15% with valid driver's license and passport
* Experienced working with a CRM system and the MS Office Applications
* Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Become a part of the Elementar family!
Elementar Americas will provide the ideal candidate with a rewarding and exciting position including long-term growth and development potential in our owner managed company-one which is built upon innovation and sustainability.
Our recruiting team will carefully review and consider each individual application.
Job Type: Full-time
* IRMS: 1 year (Preferred)
* CRM: 1 year (Preferred)
* combustion analyzers: 1 year (Preferred)
* Bachelor's (Required)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net