[ES_JOBS_NET] Program Manager, International Projects, WWF, Washington DC
christine.wiedinmyer.ucar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 15:11:32 MDT 2018
Program Manager, International Projects
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world's leading conservation organization,
seeks a Program Manager at our Washington, DC office. The program manager
will serve as an integral member of a team that is engaged in a global
project for WWF-US. The program manager will be responsible for the
oversight and day to day management of the project. The program manager will
manage the outcome tables and associated budgeting and contracting
processes, review financial tracking and reporting and grants and
agreements, for the programs. He/she will provide oversight of all aspects
of the program including program grantees and contractors to ensure that
budgets and agreements are handled in accordance with WWF policies,
procedures, systems, and donor requirements. This job is a limited-term
position funded through March 2021.
* Support the implementation and monitoring of the project through WWF
Standards for Operations and Conservation Program Management and other best
* With the Financial Manager and Officers, design and oversee
financial management systems to provide for timely budgeting, financial
reporting and auditing and to meet WWF internal and donor needs and
* Ensure technical progress reports are completed and submitted as
required to donors.
* Where required, manage subcontractors and grants reporting.
* Provide and request information from relevant WWF units and external
grant recipients (NOs, PO, Intl, other GIs, etc.) to meet network
* Manage daily activities of the Core Team, including administrative
and HR matters.
* Reviews and monitors status of budgets and communicates to
appropriate program staff. Ensures spending levels are appropriate and
coding is correct. Identifies problems and recommends corrective action,
and assists in the revision of budgets as necessary. Ensures organizational
standards and guidelines are met;
* Collects information, coordinates and prepares draft reports to WWF
and to the donor, ensuring donor requirements are met. Reviews, consolidates
and analyzes all project reports to ensure compliance, and notifies program
staff of any problems or discrepancies and provides technical assistance to
grantees in resolving problems;
* Identifies, coordinates, and expedites information-sharing both
intra-departmentally and inter-departmentally, as well as externally with
WWF network, core architects and implementation partners. Recommends and
implements departmental procedures and provides feedback on policies and
operating procedures. Maintains good working relationships with
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree is required; an advanced degree in management,
international development or a relevant field is preferred.
* At least 8 years substantial and successful experience in project or
program management, with particular expertise in monitoring and evaluation
and performance management.
* Demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams and
multiple donor budgets.
* Familiarity with Foundations funded projects is highly desirable.
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work effectively
with a wide range of individuals, particularly with remote teams.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to analyze
information about projects and activities and prepare concise reports and
presentations that clearly communicate results and encourages support.
* Quantitative and analytical skills;
* Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work accurately under
* Able to operate with considerable independence and discretion.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
* Position may require up to 10% international travel.
* Submit cover letter and resume through our
<https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs> Careers Page, Requisition #19011
* Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to
inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices
due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net