[ES_JOBS_NET] Postdoc - Global Atmospheric Dispersion, Aerosols, and Chemistry (LLNL, California)
cameronsmith1 at llnl.gov
Fri Aug 10 19:30:12 MDT 2018
Title: Postdoc - Global Atmospheric Dispersion, Aerosols, and Chemistry
We have an opening for a Postdoctoral Researcher to conduct research on atmospheric modeling and applications relevant to national security, with an emphasis on global simulations involving contaminant transport and dispersion, including aerosols and atmospheric chemistry. You will pursue original research using the Energy Exascale Earth System Model (E3SM) and the associated Modal Aerosol Module (MAM4). This position is in the Atmospheric, Earth & Energy Division of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California
Essential Duties (see posting for full list)
- Conduct original research on the radiative impact of aerosols in the atmosphere using the E3SM global atmospheric model.
- Run simulations in a high-performance computing environment and perform analysis of model output.
- Modify the E3SM model as required, including modifications to model inputs and existing physics parameterizations
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed journals, and present technical results within the Department of Energy (DOE) community and at scientific conferences.
Qualifications (see posting for full list)
- Recent PhD in atmospheric science or a closely related field.
- Knowledge of global climate models, aerosols, and atmospheric chemistry.
- Experience in the following areas: setting up and executing global atmospheric weather or climate simulations; aerosol modeling; analyzing atmospheric model output
- Proficient in at least one scientific programming language for modeling and model output data analysis (e.g., Python, Fortran, C++, etc.).
- Experience using multi-processor computers and UNIX/LINUX.
For details, and to apply, go to http://careers-ext.llnl.gov/pages/postdocs and search for Job ID#: 104084.
The direct link is http://careers-llnl.ttcportals.com/jobs/2978593-postdoctoral-research-staff-member-global-atmospheric-dispersion-aerosols-and-chemistry
NOTE: U.S. citizenship is required.
If you have questions, contact Philip Cameron-Smith <pjc at llnl.gov<mailto:pjc at llnl.gov>>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net