[ES_JOBS_NET] Communications Intern, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, DC
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Fri Aug 10 18:07:11 MDT 2018
Communications Intern, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
The United Nations Foundation links the UN's work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women's empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
The UN Foundation-hosted Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves is a public-private partnership that seeks to save lives, improve livelihoods, empower women, and protect the environment by creating a thriving global market for clean and efficient household cooking solutions. The use of open fires and traditional cookstoves and fuels is one of the world's most pressing health and environmental problems. Globally, three billion people rely on solid fuels to cook, which causes serious environmental and health impacts that disproportionally affect women and children. According to the World Health Organization, household air pollution from cooking kills over 4 million people every year and sickens millions more. The Alliance is working with its public, private and non-profit partners to accelerate the production, deployment, and use of clean cookstoves and fuels in developing countries.
The intern will report to the Senior Director, Communications and Partnerships, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves.
* Support the campaign's communications efforts to help reach the Alliance's overall goals
* Help brainstorm content for the Alliance's work; assist in writing and editing campaign content, including blog posts, social media content, and other campaign materials.
* Assist in monitoring, anlayzing and reporting on web and social media to brainstorm ways to enhance traffic and supporter participation.
* Help monitor for and share news about clean cooking, household air pollution, the Global Alliance and help maintain the campaign's media coverage archive and media lists.
* Help maintain the Alliance website (cleancookstoves.org) by uploading articles, webinars, resources, etc.
* Work with communications team to research and identify key contacts for appropriate campaign stories and events, and maintain the campaign's communications calendar.
* Enhance current knowledge of developing social media toolkits and graphics.
* Help update materials and collateral with new messaging.
* Learn how to draft fact sheets, press releases, media advisories, impact stories and other communication materials.
* Assist with Alliance events and provide administrative support as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Candidate must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or must be a recent graduate (within eight months of graduation) with a demonstrated interest in the UN and international development.
* Candidate is ideally expected to work full-time, though we can accomodate students' schedules as needed.
* Fast learner with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Experience in Word, Excel, Outlook, Photoshop and InDesign.
* Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks.
The United Nations Foundation offers unpaid semester-long full and part-time internships during the following:
* Fall: September-December
* Spring: January-April
* Summer: June-August
Please note that actual internship dates may vary slightly.
Location: 1750 Pennsylvania Avenue Suite 300, Washington, DC 20006
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net