[ES_JOBS_NET] Hydroclimatologist position available in Alberta, Canada
cacooke at ualberta.ca
Mon Sep 25 19:51:12 MDT 2017
The Environmental Monitoring and Science Division of Alberta Environment and Parks looking for a Hydroclimatologist that is a recognized scientific expert to lead our provincial hydrometric and climatological sciences monitoring programs.
To apply visit: https://jobs.alberta.ca/
and search for JOB ID: 1045097
Closing Date: October 10, 2017
The position requires:
• A PhD in hydrology or climatological science with expertise and demonstrated experience in at least one of the following areas: surface hydrology, climatology, ecohydrology, terrestrial hydrometeorology, climate-mediated and anthropogenic landscape changes, climate dynamics, and nonlinear dynamics systems;
• A minimum of 2 years' experience in design and implementation of watershed science monitoring programs;
• A record of publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals commensurate with established peers with a similar level of experience (for example, Assistant Professors at Canadian academic institutions);
• Extensive knowledge in advanced numerical analysis of large environmental data sets, application of appropriate models or other means to predict local, regional and cumulative impacts of a broad range of development and activities;
• Extensive knowledge in new and emerging methods related to assessing the status and trends in Alberta's surface water resources, and current and emerging provincial and national hydrological issues;
• In-depth working knowledge of relevant environmental legislation, regulations, and management frameworks.
Equivalencies will be considered.
Note: Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary range.
Colin A. Cooke, PhD
Aquatic Scientist, Environmental Monitoring and Science Division, Alberta Environment and Parks
Adjunct Professor, Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, University of Alberta
More information about the Es_jobs_net