[ES_JOBS_NET] Executive Director SOLAS International Project Office / GEOMAR KIEL Germany
plange at geomar.de
Mon Sep 11 05:22:03 MDT 2017
GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel is a foundation under public
law jointly financed by the Federal Republic of Germany (90%) and the
Federal State of Schleswig-Holstein (10%) and one of the internationally
leading institutions in the field of marine sciences. Currently GEOMAR has
an annual budget of about € 75 M and about 1000 employees.
The research division Chemical Oceanography is offering the position of the
SOLAS International Project Office
for the period of February 1, 2018 to December 31, 2020.
SOLAS is a project focussed on the physical and biogeochemical interactions
between the surface ocean and the lower atmosphere and how the
ocean-atmosphere system is linked to climate and people (see
www.solas-int.org). SOLAS is seeking to appoint an Executive Director to
lead the International Project Office (IPO) at GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for
Ocean Research Kiel, Germany. The Executive Director is assisted by Project
Officers based at GEOMAR and at Xiamen University, China. The IPO supports
the Scientific Steering Committee (SSC) in implementing the SOLAS 2015-2025
Science Plan and Organisation.
* Supervise the international coordination for the implementation of the
SOLAS Science Plan
* Develop, plan, and facilitate the SOLAS Implementation Strategy
* Liaise with and report to the SOLAS sponsors (WCRP, SCOR, iCACGP, and
* Organise the annual SSC meetings and document discussions and decisions of
* Support proposal development and secure funding of SOLAS activities and
* Lead and manage the SOLAS IPO in both Germany and China
* Supervise the organisation of the SOLAS Summer Schools, the SOLAS
International Open Science Conferences, and SOLAS-related activities
* Supervise the project’s communication activities (monthly e-news, event
reports, twitter account)
* Maintain project accounts, prepare financial statements, and manage the
* Represent SOLAS at various fora
* PhD in environmental sciences or a related discipline
* Established experience in international project/programme coordination
* Interest in facilitating multinational and multidisciplinary research
* Vastly self-motivated and organised with acute attention to detail
* Understanding of the national and international funding and sponsorship
* Excellent communication skills in English
* Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills within the context
of a multinational community
* Willingness and ability to travel internationally
* Knowledge of web design, social media, and online platforms
* Ability in organising large-scale events
* Established financial literacy
The salary depends on qualification with a maximum of class 14 TVöD-Bund of
the German tariff for public employees (for details see:
http://oeffentlicher-dienst.info/tvoed/bund/). This is a full-time position.
Flexible working-time models are basically possible.
GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel seeks to increase the
proportion of female scientists and explicitly encourages qualified female
academics to apply. GEOMAR is an equal opportunity employer and encourages
scientists with disabilities to apply. Qualified disabled applicants will
receive preference in the application process.
Please send your application by email (including letter of motivation, CV,
and full contact details of three referees) for this position in a single
pdf-file no later than November 15, 2017 to <mailto:bewerbung at geomar.de>
bewerbung at geomar.de using the keyword "SOLAS" in the subject line.
For further information regarding the position and research unit please
contact Professor Körtzinger (akoertzinger at geomar.de). Please do not contact
us by phone about the present state of procedures. However, we will answer
all your questions if you send us an email to bewerbung at geomar.de. In doing
so, please refer to the keyword.
GEOMAR is a member of the Helmholtz Association (HGF) and the German Marine
Research Consortium (KDM). For further information please visit
www.geomar.de or www.helmholtz.de.
As soon as the selection procedure has finished, all application papers will
be destructed according to data protection regulation.
GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel
Bewerbungsmanagement / „SOLAS“
Wischhofstr. 1 - 3
bewerbung at geomar.de
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net