[ES_JOBS_NET] Jack Eddy Postdoctoral Fellowship, Heliophysics, UCAR Cooperative Programs for the Advancement of Earth System Science
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Sun Oct 8 19:41:51 MDT 2017
Jack Eddy Postdoctoral Fellowship
The UCAR Cooperative Programs for the Advancement of Earth System Science (CPAESS) announces the 2018 call for applications for the Jack Eddy Postdoctoral Fellowships. Several new appointments will be made. The recruitment period ends January 12, 2018.
UCAR postdoctoral fellowship positions are generally for two years based on continued program funding. Successful applicants in this program work under the mentorship of host scientists in areas of mutual interest.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Basic Job Function:
To train the next generation of researchers needed in the emerging field of Heliophysics (the broad field of Sun-Earth connections). The program is sponsored by the NASA Living With a Star (LWS) Program.
· Conducts independent or collaborative research under a proposed plan directly related to the goals of the program.
· Documenting the results of the research in scientific publications, and presents these results at seminars and conferences.
· Pursues outside activities that advance professional growth, which may include contributing to educational programs, serving on committees and attending workshops.
Education and Experience:
· Ph.D. degree in related science; with
· Preference given to those who are seeking their first fellowship and have held a Ph.D. for no more than three years.
· Awardees must change institutions in the absence of compelling circumstances.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work independently and conduct research with minimal supervision.
· Skill in oral and written communication.
Before you begin the OpenHire process please prepare your application in one (1) PDF document, in the order numbered below:
1) Cover letter stating the name of this program, potential host and institution, and where you learned of this opportunity. Please also add a justification statement, if applicable, to explain any breaks in career path.
2) Curriculum vitae, including publication list.
3) Name, address, and email information of four professional references.
Note: Applicants are responsible for contacting their references to have letters sent to UCAR/CPAESS by the application deadline.
1. a) One letter must be from thesis advisor, but not from a potential host mentor.
b) Reference letters from more than one institution are encouraged.
c) References should refer to the Letters of Reference
d) Applications without four (4) letters are incomplete and may not be reviewed by the Steering Committee.
e) Reference letters should be sent to cpaess-apply at ucar.edu<mailto:cpaess-apply at ucar.edu>.
4) Ph.D. dissertation abstract, including title.
5) Titled project description
Note: Description must be titled and not exceed five pages including figures and appendices (minimum 12 pt. type size).
1. a) References are NOT included in this 5-page limit.
b) Proposals must describe an actual research project.
c) Applicant is encouraged to seek help from potential mentor(s) in writing the project description.
6) Statement describing the relevance of the proposed project to the NASA Living with a Star program (one-page limit). (See http://lws.gsfc.nasa.gov<http://lws.gsfc.nasa.gov/>.)
7) Host Institution Materials - Please see How Hosting Institutions Apply<https://cpaess.ucar.edu/heliophysics/jackeddy/post-apply-hosting> for more information)
1. a) Letter of Intent
b) Curriculum vitae
c) Mentoring Plan
d) List of current and pending research support
Step 1. To begin the application process, at the bottom of this page click "New Resume/CV." The next page presents options for you to submit your materials. Select "Upload a resume/CV document" then select "Continue."
Step 2. You will then be prompted to submit your résumé or CV. At this point, upload your complete application as one (1) PDF document. Click "Choose File" to find your file on your computer. Click on the document, select "Open," and then select "Continue."
Step 3. Continue the application process as prompted. Step 4 of the online application process will ask you if you want to upload additional documentation. Ignore this step.
Questions regarding application submission process may be addressed to Courtney Gibson at cgibson at ucar.edu<mailto:cgibson at ucar.edu>, or 303-497-8722.
Step 4. Please have reference letters sent by email to UCAR Cooperative Programs for the Advancement of Earth System Science at cpaess-apply at ucar.edu<mailto:cpaess-apply at ucar.edu>:
· Applicants are responsible for contacting four referees to have letters sent to UCAR/VSP by the application deadline. One letter must be from thesis advisor, but not from a potential host, and letters from more than one institution are encouraged. Referees should be directed to online reference requirements<http://www.vsp.ucar.edu/Heliophysics/post-apply-reference.shtml>.
General questions regarding this fellowship program may be addressed to cpaess-apply at ucar.edu<mailto:cpaess-apply at ucar.edu>, or 303-497-1605.
The University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer that strives to develop and maintain a diverse workforce. UCAR is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.
Whatever your intersection of identities, you are welcome at the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR). We are committed to inclusivity and promoting an equitable environment that values and respects the uniqueness of all members of our organization.
Various, Colorado, United States
Term Full-Time (T1)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net