[ES_JOBS_NET] Environmental Programs Manager, Gates Corporation, Denver, CO
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Wed Oct 4 16:05:48 MDT 2017
Gates Corporation is a global diversified industrial company that provides advanced power transmission and fluid transfer solutions by skillfully engineering products and services that reduce the total cost of ownership for a wide variety of applications. Our products and services serve customers in five key end market segments: Energy/Exploration/Extraction, Infrastructure & Agriculture, Transportation, Automotive, and Process & Specialty. As an engineering leader with a strong foundation in research and development, Gates is committed to advancing the science of motion performance by developing safe, forward-thinking products, services, systems, and solutions, as well as fostering long-term customer and employee relationships. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Gates employs over 14,000 people across 106 locations in 30 countries.
If it moves you, there's a good chance Gates has a part in it. Gates. Powering Progress.
If you are looking for an opportunity with a growing and dynamic company, Gates has an opportunity for an Environmental Programs Manager based in our Denver, CO office.
Responsible for developing, organizing, implementing, administering and monitoring all environmental programs to manage compliance and mitigate risks. Ensure thorough implementation and execution of Gates HSE related programs and processes. Ensures all HSE programs comply with company and regulatory requirements. Promotes and operates in a heightened safety environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned beyond the core functions listed below.
Develop and maintain a variety of environmental programs, policies and procedures that will ensure the facility is in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations. Provide environmental technical support to the HSE audit program, findings and corrective actions. Periodically serve as an HSE audit team member or leader. Provide extensive environmental regulatory and technical guidance on:
* * Product stewardship: environmental regulatory and industry standard requirements (REACH, RoHS, CaProp65, conflict minerals, GADSL, IEC62474, etc.)
* All aspects of Environmental Management Systems, ISO14001, ISO50001
* Air quality and emission management, permitting and controls
* Wastewater and storm water management, permitting and controls
* Solid and hazardous waste management
* Regulatory reporting and recordkeeping requirements
* Root cause analysis and corrective actions of environmental incidents
* Environmental hazard identification, effectiveness of controls and risk management associated with processes, services and products
* Pollution prevention, recycling and resource conservation
* Green Marketing
Risk Management & Continuous Improvement
* Efficiently identify and provide advice to mitigate/control environmental risks in product, processes and services based on priority and hierarchy of controls
* Coordinate environmental due diligence/assessments for global acquisitions, divestitures, site closures and real estate transactions
* Analyze data and trends to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
* Lead investigations on environmental incidents including near misses, injuries, releases, and non-compliance. Ensure that root causes are identified, and effective corrective actions are implemented in a timely fashion.
* Implement solutions and drive changes to minimize the life cycle footprint of products, processes and services, including a reduction in environmental waste streams
* Support resource conservation initiatives, including leveraging projects across sites on energy and recycling
* Experience with incident investigation, including Root Cause Analysis with tools such as 8D, Five Why Analysis, Fishbone diagram and TapRoot
Legal Requirements & Reporting
* Track, assess, communicate and facilitate compliance to new & current regulations
* Prepare data for external reporting, including carbon footprint and sustainability
* Manage surveys and abatement programs in accordance with regulatory requirements including mold, asbestos, radon, lead-based paint, etc.
Training & Development
* Build, deliver and track global environmental training programs to enhance environmental competency across the company
* Create tools, standard work and model programs
* Understand how to conduct audits and inspections to identify system level weaknesses and recommend solutions for corrective actions to improve the MS
Strategic Planning, Project Management and Leadership
* Lead and facilitate special projects as needed
* Act as a change agent to drive cultural change and inspires others to action through collaboration and influence
* Proficient in managing multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
* Create projects, implement plans and manage budget for environmental programs
* Set measurable targets and implements management programs that include designation of responsibility, resources and timelines
* Experienced in providing oversight and management of contractors and consultants, including bids and RFPs
* Strong influencing skills and adaptability to changes
* Proven record of accomplishments with a demonstrated ability to effect change
Functions as an individual contributor and may supervise a college intern.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* 10+ years of environment experience required in manufacturing industry (5+ Corporate level)
* Bachelor's Degree in Environmental management, Engineering or closely related field strongly preferred.
* Broad based environmental regulatory expertise (air, water, waste) is a must.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
* Strong computer skills are essential
* Industry relevant certifications with experience in remediation, due diligence, audits and acquisition integration preferred
* Demonstrated ability to conceptualize strategic vision and translate into tactical actionable plans.
* Must be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team, and in meeting tight deadlines.
* Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are required.
* Demonstrated accomplishments working collaboratively with teams from different countries, cultures and languages.
* Working knowledge of environmental codes, EPA and other regulatory agencies. Programs for which the incumbent will need to be the authority on could include but are not limited to:
* Air Quality & Emissions
* Energy Management
* Solid & Hazardous Waste
* Waste Water / Storm Water
* Ability to organize and lead HSE project teams
* Solid experience with permit administration and management, including Air permit, Storm Water, and Industrial Waste Water experience.
* Experience preparing and delivering HSE training.
* Background and expertise in HSE recordkeeping, reporting, and compliance.
* Works well under pressure, effectively handles conflict and demonstrates flexibility in work style to accommodate changing priorities and fixed deadlines.
* Serves as a change agent to drive cultural change in quickly changing business environment. Inspires others to action through collaboration and influence.
* Self-motivated, capable of seeking quality solutions and continuously focusing on process improvements, while keeping the needs of the business in the forefront.
* Creates alignment so everyone within the realm of responsibility understands the strategic vision and how their contribution furthers the success of the organization.
* Takes responsibility for personal development.
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Experience in partnering with business leaders on developing and driving initiatives.
* High Level interpersonal and leadership skills; must be able to influence and coach across multiple levels within the company and locations; including establishing global partnerships.
* Ability to staff and develop an effective and capable team.
* Demonstrated business acumen
* Change management leadership capability
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and may occasionally move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Travel 10-25%
Please be advised that Gates Corporation does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net