[ES_JOBS_NET] Research Faculty, CIRES/NIDIS Website Content & Development Coordinator, Boulder, CO
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Tue Oct 3 16:24:15 MDT 2017
CIRES/NIDIS Website Content & Development Coordinator
CIRES and the National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS) seek an experienced website content and presentation coordinator to strategize, create and implement web-based communications through the U.S. Drought Portal, drought.gov. The portal provides drought-related information for the general public, decision makers at all levels, the scientiﬁc community and others.
The Website Coordinator fulﬁlls a critical role in the implementation of NIDIS, a federal multi-agency partnership that coordinates drought monitoring, forecasting, and planning and information at national, state, and local levels. Its mission is to help the nation to move to a more proactive approach to managing drought risks and impacts, and to improve long-term drought resilience. The NIDIS program is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The job is based at NOAA’s David Skaggs Research Center in Boulder; out-of-state travel is required.
The Website Coordinator will partner with NIDIS’ team of web developers and scientiﬁc experts to strategize, reﬁne, and develop a visually appealing and content-rich site where our audiences may easily access the information they seek.
The Coordinator will integrate development of the Drought Portal into a comprehensive internal and external communications strategy for NIDIS, partnering with the NIDIS Communications Coordinator. Together, the two coordinators will lead this vibrant outreach strategy with input from NIDIS Program Ofﬁce staff, the web development team, regional information coordinators, and partners nationwide. The comprehensive communications strategy will describe and promote the NIDIS program on multiple platforms, using fresh ideas and an innovative approach.
The successful candidate for the Website Content and Development Coordinator role will have signiﬁcant professional experience in creating and implementing digital content and design in a team-based environment. S/he will be the primary link between the NIDIS program ofﬁce (based in Boulder, CO) and the web development team (based in Asheville, NC).
* creating, organizing, editing and updating written and visual material and structures on drought.gov, promoting NIDIS objectives
* coordinating web development and content planning and execution with the development team in Asheville, and other colleagues and partners, including facilitation of timely and appropriate review practices
* Collaborating with in-house and remote teams to implement the communications strategy
* summarizing technical information in easy-to-grasp formats, including visuals
* regular review of Google analytics and other user engagement measures to identify and prioritize development of drought.gov
* providing consistent contributions to NIDIS social media accounts and other means of outreach to engage current audiences and attract new ones
* responding to public and media inquiries
Minimum qualiﬁcations and requirements:
* At least ﬁve years of a designated leadership role in website content/development in a professional capacity
* B.A. or B.S. in journalism, communications, technical writing, information management, digital media or related degree.
* Experience innovating and capitalizing on digital communication trends, integrating them into an overall communications strategy
* Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and re-prioritize on the ﬂy
* Experience using markdown or html within web content management systems (CMS)
* Experience in modern web content delivery across multiple platforms of phone, tablet, desktop
* Experience in web accessibility and governmental compliance (including plain language and 508 compliance)
* Ability to render technical information into understandable and appealing narrative and visual formats such as infographics, charts, story maps, and others
* Expertise in using plain language, and the ability to edit others’ writing to reﬂect the same
* Ability to coordinate and collaborate productively with all partners, local and remote
* Attentiveness to detail and vigilance about accuracy
* Active and innovative use of social media in a professional capacity, to promote and brand NIDIS and its activities
* Professional experience using Google Analytics and other Google Apps, Microsoft Ofﬁce Suite
Additional qualiﬁcations which will strengthen the application:
* Professional experience using Drupal 7 and/or Drupal 8
* Multimedia experience (video, podcast, photography)
* Expertise in SEO
* Professional experience using Constant Contact or similar e-mail marketing program
Special Instructions to Applicants: The University of Colorado Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment, prior to the issuance of an offer letter. The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and an EPLS (Excluded Parties List System) check. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Inquiries may be directed to the Boulder Campus Title IX Coordinator by calling 303-492-2127. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at adacoordinator at colorado.edu.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s), Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions: Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 – Cover Letter; 2 – Resume; 3 – The document uploaded for Proof of Degree can be a Transcript which shows the date the degree was conferred; Copy of Diploma; or official letter from the Registrar or the Dean of the School or College conferring the degree; 4 –List of three references and all contact information; 5-Three writing samples, demonstrating a variety of approaches to a variety of audiences & Three multi-media or other presentations which do not rely on written words as the primary means of communication This position is eligible for medical, dental and life insurance, retirement benefits programs, and is eligible for monthly vacation and sick leave accruals.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net