[ES_JOBS_NET] Mechanical Engineer at Sea-Bird Scientific
dr.kim.martini at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 07:06:21 MDT 2017
Sea-Bird Scientific in Bellevue, Washington is hiring a Mechanical Engineer to join their R&D team.
About Sea-Bird Scientific
A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Sea-Bird Electronics (www.seabird.com) is an international corporation headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Sea-Bird is the largest manufacturer of marine instruments for measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, and related oceanographic variables. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Sea-Bird gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging "stretch" opportunities.
• Development of new products and instruments
• Beginning from concept / preliminary specification
• Analyze & optimize designs for structural integrity, ergonomics, practicality, manufacturability, cost reduction
• Design and evaluate using SolidWorks solid modeling and computer aided FEA
• Design using known production techniques including sheet metal, injection molding, CNC machining, welding and fabricating.
• Research/ Investigate and implement new manufacturing techniques when needed.
• Manage the projects’ timelines
• Interfacing Electro mechanical assemblies
• Interface and advice PCB form factors to optimize manufacturability robustness and simplicity in assembly
• Design and support PCB mechanical interface for electrical testing
• Procure vendors for prototyping and production of componentry
• Assemble, construct, evaluate, revise, test prototype designs
• Design and construct testing apparati and methods
• Analyze failure mechanisms for prototype improvement
• Facilitate documentation transfer and assembly training to production department
• Manage and supervise initial production run
• Management & maintenance of 3D modeling software and data vault
• Ensure all users are using proper tools/ techniques/ protocols
• Advanced training in modeling techniques and FEA
• Analyze failures of existing designs
• Support customer service in mechanical failure diagnosis
• Identify failures and produce solutions/repairs/retrofits
• Maintaining backwards compatibility and legacy of designs
More information about the Es_jobs_net