[ES_JOBS_NET] Program Manager - 412 Food Rescue - Pittsburgh, PA
peterleeman3 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 14:04:27 MST 2017
412 Food Rescue
Program Manager – Food Recovery (Full Time)
Resumes accepted until position is filled.
Please email info at 412foodrescue.org with “Program Manager” in the subject.
About 412 Food Rescue
412 Food Rescue is a direct response to the disconnect between the fact
that we waste 40% of our food while 1 in 6 go hungry. Through a network of
dedicated volunteers, 412 Food Rescue collects surplus food that might
otherwise be thrown away and delivers it immediately to organizations that
serve those who are food insecure. These healthy meals go to hungry people
in shelters, schools, housing projects, and other programs and kitchens who
serve or distribute food to those in need. Through our technology, 412 Food
Rescue facilitates rapid response that helps bridge the gap between supply
and demand. Piloting in Allegheny County, 412 Food Rescue aims to expand
its model across urban centers nationally.
Ready to be inspired everyday? This is a unique opportunity to shape a
social enterprise that merges technology and social good to tackle one of
the most important food issues today.
JOIN one of the most innovative nonprofit teams in Pittsburgh today!
The Program Manager for Food Recovery is responsible for successful
execution of 412 Food Rescue’s Food Recovery program. The Program Manager
works closely with the Program Director to achieve program goals.
- Work with the Program Director to manage tonnage targets, and other KPIs
for the region.
- Take the lead on operations analysis and reporting.
- Identify supply chain weak points and works with the Program Director to
- Work with CEO, Program Director, marketing team, and volunteer manager to
plan and execute regional engagement initiatives for all stakeholders.
- Work with Program Director to analyze program performance data to isolate
trends, identify opportunities to improve systems, processes and programs,
report on progress toward goals.
- Ensure food safety standards are maintained throughout the supply chain.
Nonprofit Partner Recruitment, Engagement and Retention
Work closely with the Program Director to:
- Recruit, retain, engage nonprofit partners.
- Ensure partner coverage throughout Allegheny County.
- Ensure diversified portfolio of partners -- to reach the most people, as
often as possible.
- Ensure donation utilization throughout the donation pipeline, minimizing
- Ensure equity of distribution within the nonprofit network.
- Measurably impact partner operations metrics – P&L, service, quality of
- Continuously grow nonprofit partnerships – breadth in the County and
depth within each partner.
- Implement programs that grow impact on hunger within communities.
- Ensure all recipient partner paperwork is up to date.
- Effectively engage volunteer rescuer network.
- Effectively address volunteer issues as they arise.
- Ensure all volunteer paperwork is up to date.
- Work with the CEO to develop new programs that advance the mission (as
Qualifications and Skills
- A sincere and deep commitment to the 412 Food Rescue mission.
- College degree
- Excellent technological skills.
- Proficiency with Excel. Experience with database management required.
- Salesforce or other CRM system experience preferred.
- Experience with Tableau and other data visualization programs a plus.
- A bias for design thinking.
- Strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to analyze data,
recognize trends, and drive strategic recommendations.
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented and process driven.
- Experience working in high-growth and/or early stage company environments.
- Willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are
- Highly adaptable and excited to operate in a fast-paced environment where
the rules are often being defined just in time.
- Entrepreneurial and enthusiastic about working in a fluid, fast-paced
start-up environment with minimal supervision.
- Skilled project manager who can identify needs, scope projects, implement
strategy and juggle lots of moving pieces to see something through.
- Able to get into the details and deliver results under highest
expectations on time and quality.
- Strong networker who has the natural ability to connect people with
causes and engage them to take action.
- Resourceful and persistent with a history of building partnerships.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience with public speaking, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck
stops with you.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15206
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net