[ES_JOBS_NET] NEON Project Job Opening: D03-FL Field Technician II_Instrumentation
llunsford at battelleecology.org
Fri Jul 14 10:23:11 MDT 2017
Job Title: Field Technician II_Instrumentation
Company: National Ecological Observatory Network/Battelle Ecology, Inc.
Location: The Domain 03 Field Technician's primary work location is headquartered in Gainesville, Florida, home of the University of Florida. This is a nice medium sized college town with a lot to do in off hours. The climate is hot and wet during the summer and cool and dry in winter. Frequent thunderstorms occur from late spring through the summer and sometimes into fall. This is also the hurricane season.
We travel frequently since our remote sites are the Disney Wilderness Preserve (about 2.5 hours south), and the JW Jones Ecological Research Center in Georgia (about 4.5 hours north). The Disney site is a wetland project so the ground is frequently wet. Sampling at these sites is usually an overnight trip, sometimes all week. Lodging is provided and expenses are reimbursed. The local site is the Ordway Swisher Biological Field station (University of Florida) in nearby Melrose.
Job Description: The Field Technician reports to the Field Operations Manager.
* Field Technician II - The Field Technician II is a biological sampling lead performing seasonal and periodic sampling activities and sample processing. The Field Technician II will be the technical lead for performing routine maintenance and inventory management on all terrestrial sampling equipment. The Field Technician II will provide guidance to temporary field crews while working in the field and laboratory.
Instrumentation (tower) emphasis:
* Test, troubleshoot and operate instruments, calibration equipment and test fixtures.
* Inspect and maintain civil infrastructure including boom arms, sensor mounts, towers, boardwalks and instrument huts.
* Assist the NEON Systems Engineering Product Team with instrument installation and testing (approximately the first 6 months).
* Record activities, completed work and trouble tickets according to Field Operations protocol.
A complete job description is available at http://www.neonscience.org/
How to Apply: In order to be considered for any open position with the NEON Project/Battelle Ecology, Inc, you must please go to our website http://www.neonscience.org/ and apply. We are unable to create an account/application for you.
If you have trouble submitting your application, trying a different browser usually resolves the issue. Please know you must answer all required questions, before the system will allow you to move forward or complete your application.
Also, as long as the requisition is listed on our website we will continue to accept and review resumes for that position(s).
All applications will be reviewed and the NEON Project/Battelle Ecology, Inc. will contact you, via the information provided on your application, if we would like to speak with you regarding a phone screen or interview.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net