[ES_JOBS_NET] Vacancy at NASA/GSFC
Getirana, Augusto (GSFC-617.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND]
augusto.getirana at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 5 11:55:28 MDT 2017
Postdoctoral Associate in land surface and hydrological modeling
The University of Maryland’s Earth System Science Interdisciplinary Center (ESSIC)
is recruiting a Postdoctoral Associate to support the NASA-SERVIR project WALFEHE (A West Africa LDAS for Forecasting Extreme Hydrological Events).
This project partners with the SERVIR-West Africa hub AGRHYMET to provide an improved land data assimilation system for integrated water management with a focus on (1) better understanding the interactions between the atmosphere and land surfaces, (2) improving
Hydrometeorological modeling to provide meteorological, hydrological, and agricultural drought characterizations and forecasts, and (2) flood modeling and forecasting.
The incumbent will conduct land data assimilation research, exploring the optimal use of
terrestrial remote sensing data with land surface models. Specifically:
· Initial implementation and evaluation of land surface models;
· Implementation and evaluation multivariate data assimilation, using GRACE, satellite-based soil moisture and radar altimetry;
· NASA GEOS-5 data pre-processing (downscaling and bias-correction) and forecast experiments using OL and DA.
· The candidate should have advanced experience in land surface and hydrological modeling, and model development. Experience with data assimilation and working with satellite datasets are a plus.
· Proficiency with FORTRAN and UNIX is required.
· PhD in engineering, hydrology, atmospheric science, geophysics, or a related discipline.
· The individual will be expected to present results in peer-reviewed publications and scientific presentations, and writing and reviewing technical reports.
· U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents only
· Work Location: NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
Interested candidates should send a CV with a list of at least 3 professional references and a cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the posted requirements to Andrew Negri
(anegri at essic.umd.edu<mailto:anegri at essic.umd.edu>)
THE UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net