[ES_JOBS_NET] Postdoctoral Researcher Position: Arctic-Boreal Ecosystem Modeling, Woods Hole Research Center
christin at ucar.edu
Fri Jan 27 09:09:41 MST 2017
Postdoctoral Researcher Position: Arctic-Boreal Ecosystem Modeling - Job
SUMMARY: The Woods Hole Research Center seeks a post-doctoral researcher
with a focus on land surface modeling in boreal and arctic ecosystems.
The successful candidate will work closely with the lead scientist and
collaborators to assess how changes in climate, vegetation,
disturbances, permafrost, and other properties have been impacting
high-latitude carbon cycling using the Community Land Model (CLM). This
position requires advanced Earth system modeling experience, including
the ability to develop model code, conduct experiments, and manipulate
large data sets.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will:
* Lead model development for photosynthesis, respiration, phenology,
and permafrost modules.
* Perform complex geoprocessing, including the application of
benchmarks to multiple land surface models.
* Conduct model experiments to understand changing seasonal CO2 fluxes
in boreal forests and arctic tundra.
* Analyze and integrate a variety of observational data, including
remote sensing products, atmospheric CO2 metrics, and in situ fluxes.
* Work in a highly collaborative environment to analyze, synthesize,
and present results.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Ph.D. degree in Environmental Sciences, Earth System Science,
Ecology, or a related discipline, with a demonstrated ability to
develop and apply land surface models (experience with CLM is
preferred), conduct spatial analysis, and manage large data sets.
* Excellent ability to use relevant computing resources and learn new
skills as needed.
* Knowledge of boreal and arctic ecosystems, vegetation dynamics, and
* Ability to think and work across disciplines and scales.
* Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, and the ability to work
in a highly collaborative environment.
Desired Start Date: June 2017 Application Deadline: March 15, 2017
Salary Range: $50,000 to $55,000, with full benefit package, exempt
position. Appointment: This is a two-year appointment, with the
opportunity to extend.
Application Instructions: To apply, please send cover letter referencing
“Post-Doctoral Researcher Job # BRPD17”, curriculum vitae, and contact
information for three references to jobopenings at whrc.org
<mailto:jobopenings at whrc.org>. Please type “BRPD17” in the subject line.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net