[ES_JOBS_NET] Climate Scientist job with ICF in Washington, DC
Judsen.Bruzgul at icf.com
Thu Jan 5 07:49:49 MST 2017
This is a very exciting opportunity to be part of a team working on a wide range of interesting, innovative, and important climate change projects. Please see the position description and links below. Feel free to share with additional networks.
JUDSEN BRUZGUL, PhD | Senior Manager | desk:+1.202.862.2983 | judsen.bruzgul at icf.com<mailto:judsen.bruzgul at icf.com> | icf.com<http://www.icfi.com/>
ICF | 1725 Eye St., NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20006
Climate Scientist ( Job Number: 1600004526)
ICF is seeking a Climate Consultant to support our Climate, Energy Efficiency, and Transportation line of business in Washington, DC. The majority of the work will support the Climate Adaptation and Resilience portfolio, which works at all levels of government and with commercial clients to understand and manage risks posed by climate change and to enhance resilience of energy and water supplies, transportation and cyber systems, other critical infrastructure, and the vital societal and natural elements that make our communities whole. Improving resilience requires proactive planning and leadership, from the federal level to the municipal level and successful implementation relies on clearly communicated and peer-reviewed science and strong public-private partnerships.
The consultant chosen for this position will provide technical expertise related to the analysis and interpretation of weather and climate data to support this work.
This position will be based in Washington, D.C.
What you'll be doing...
* Serve as a technical expert on multi-disciplinary teams on projects focused on climate adaptation and resilience projects
* Provide technical expertise and activity leadership related to the analysis of weather and climate data
* Prepare presentations, reports, memoranda, and other communication materials as needed.
* Complete tasks in fast-paced and self-motivated environment in a timely and efficient manner.
What you'll need to have...
* Master's degree in atmospheric science, meteorology, geography, or Earth science, with a focus on physical climate science.
* 6+ years of relevant experience.
* Ability to analyze, interpret, and appropriately apply climate model output and meteorological observations for climate impact and risk analyses.
* Outstanding oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex climate information to non-scientists to inform decision making processes
* Organized, detail oriented, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
* Skilled in one or more programming languages (e.g., R,) to process large environmental data sets
* Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Our Preferred Skills/Experience...
* Doctorate degree in atmospheric science, meteorology, geography, or Earth science, with a focus on physical climate science
* Technical and team management experience for complex projects in a consulting environment
* Knowledge of climate downscaling methodologies
* Ability to analyze, interpret, and appropriately apply coastal climate data information (e.g., tide gauges and the analysis of sea level rise) and models (e.g. surge models)
* Knowledge of recurrence interval calculation methodologies
* Fluency in use of climate information across time scales
* Use of climate information in developing countries
* Understanding of the fundamentals of climate vulnerability and risk assessment and adaptation
* Strong client relationships and contacts
* Strong communications skills, including writing and presentations
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities
* Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
* Well-developed time management skills
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, public policy experts, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at www.icf.com<http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.icf.com&esheet=51423945&newsitemid=20160920006345&lan=en-US&anchor=www.icf.com&index=6&md5=431cdf4990acb9a8ad740ea4e58a4221>.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity)
: United States-District of Columbia-Washington
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net