[ES_JOBS_NET] Geoarchaeologist - Environmental Division, GEI Consultants, CA
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Sun Dec 31 10:30:27 MST 2017
Geoarchaeologist - Environmental Division
Regular Full Time
GEI Consultants, Inc. is a leading consulting engineering firm ranked #102 in the ENR top 500 (2017).We serve hundreds of Government, Energy, Industry and Institutional clients, and have completed 30,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries.
Founded in 1970, our privately held, employee-owned company consists of over 500 employees located in 25 offices across the U.S. GEI's technical experts are involved in dozens of specialty services emanating from our traditional core practices which include geotechnical, environmental, infrastructure, water resources and ecology.
GEI continues to grow and expand, both in our technical services offerings and geographic coverage. GEI "seller-doers" are considered some of the leading subject matter experts in their respective fields.
This mid-level position will assist on various projects throughout the western US.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
* Conduct archival research
* Plan and lead the implementation of archaeological surveys, archaeological site evaluations, data recovery investigations, and excavations for deeply buried archaeologically-relevant deposits.
* Prepare cultural resources reports in support of Section 106 compliance
* Prepare regional landscape evolution and burial sensitivity models
* Assist agencies with Native American coordination
* Prepare CEQA and NEPA cultural resources sections
* Prepare technical scopes of work for proposals and projects, project budgets, requests for proposals for contractors, and technical reports.
* Participate actively in trade organizations and conferences; deliver presentations, and write technical papers.
* Prepare and deliver technical presentations and proposals to clients and regulators.
* This position has a field component; travel and some overnight travel are required.
* Bachelor's degree in Anthropology or closely related field or equivalent experience and Master's or Doctorate degree in Geosciences with an emphasis in geoarchaeology.
* Registered Professional Archaeologist preferred.
* 10 years of archaeology consulting or agency experience in California and the western US.
* Extensive knowledge of Quaternary geology, paleoecology, geochronology, and archaeology of the West.
* Ability to obtain permits at the Field Supervisor level on BLM, National Forest, and State lands in California and Nevada preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience independently preparing complex technical documents for various cultural resources projects.
* Willingness and ability to travel on short-term assignments as needed.
* Willingness and ability to perform field tasks and oversight
* Candidates must also be knowledgeable of federal cultural resources regulations, and demonstrate geoarchaeological expertise.
* Valid U.S. driver's license.
GEI is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability employer
If you are having issues submitting your application, please try using a different internet browser (Firefox, Safari, Chrome).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net