[ES_JOBS_NET] Data Scientist, McKinsey’s agricultural analytics team (ACRE) in Denver, CO
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Sun Dec 31 10:25:59 MST 2017
· Undergraduate degree in agriculture and/or a quantitative discipline
· Degree examples include economics, mathematics, computer science, geography, statistics, data science, plant biology, crop science, agronomy, environmental science
· M.B.A. or other professional degree is beneficial
· Self-management skills and ability to work as part of an Agile team
· Strong multitasking and parallel development abilities
· Passion for problem solving on a global scale
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Creative and willing to take intellectual risks
· Experience with trading or price-discovery a plus
· Experience creating and implementing machine-learning models a plus
· Experience with Python and/or R is a plus
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work with McKinsey’s agricultural analytics team (ACRE) in Denver, CO.
Our Agriculture Practice advises agribusiness, consumer food, government, and investor clients on strategic and operations issues, helping support industry-shaping decisions that impact the future of global food production.
Within this group, the ACRE team applies advanced analytics and big data techniques to global agricultural markets, driving insights at the micro and macro levels.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will leverage industry knowledge and analytical expertise as a member of client engagement teams by providing insights both in front of clients and within the ACRE team.
You will deploy creative agricultural analytics in cloud computer settings. You will sharpen your programming and statistical abilities while quickly acquiring knowledge in a variety of topics of key import to our agribusiness clientele.
As a member of client engagement teams, you will leverage your creativity and problem solving skills to tackle clients’ company-level issues. These issues could include predicting future market price trends, determining the value of new technologies, incorporating market and crop data to predict trade flows, or optimizing agricultural operations in developing economies. Using your quantitative and programming skills, you will develop advanced insight into these issues and learn to effectively communicate them to executive audiences.
Along the way, you will receive best-in-class training in structuring business problems and serving as a client adviser. You will be responsible for providing conceptual insights, problem structuring, modeling, and other analytic support to client engagement teams. In addition, you will help codify the knowledge that you build into interactive data tools, with the help of our data sciences teams, by designing new interfaces to deliver faster, more impactful insights to our clients related to the knowledge area that you will champion.
You will develop and continuously deepen your expertise in agriculture through this role, specializing in agriculture and developing your problem-solving skills as well as teamwork and leadership skills. You will have opportunities to work closely with and learn from our senior agriculture practitioners, and work directly with industry players that are shaping the future of food production.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net