[ES_JOBS_NET] NEON Project Job Opening: D18/19-AK Field Technician I_Limnology
llunsford at battelleecology.org
Thu Aug 17 12:55:07 MDT 2017
Job Title: Field Technician I_Limnology
Company: National Ecological Observatory Network/Battelle Ecology, Inc.
Location: The Domain 18/19 Field Technician's primary work location is in Fairbanks, AK. This position supports sites in the Taiga and Tundra Domains. Taiga Domain candidate sites are located at the Caribou-Poker Creeks Research Watershed near Chatanika, AK, south of Delta Junction, AK and near Healy, AK. Tundra Domain candidates sites are located at Toolik Field Station south of Prudhoe Bay and at Barrow Environmental Observatory. The Taiga and Tundra domains include most of Alaska.
Job Description: The Field Technician reports to the Field Operations Manager.
* Field Technician I - The Field Technician I is a biological sampling lead performing seasonal and periodic sampling activities and sample processing. Seasonal field sampling is conducted with the assistance of temporary field crews under the guidance of the Field Technician.
* Monitor and sample aquatic sites for water quality, biological indicators, physical properties of site (e.g. gaging streams, geomorphic mapping, etc.), and leading field crews to perform the aforementioned items.
* Test, troubleshoot and operate instruments, calibration equipment and test fixtures.
* Inspect and maintain aquatic sensors, gear and equipment.
* Assist the NEON Systems Engineering Product Team with instrument installation and testing (approximately the first 6 months).
* Perform aquatic vegetation diversity and primary productivity measurements.
* Sample for aquatic invertebrate and fish diversity and abundance.
A complete job description is available at http://www.neonscience.org/
How to Apply: In order to be considered for any open position with the NEON Project/Battelle Ecology, Inc, you must please go to our website http://www.neonscience.org/ and apply. We are unable to create an account/application for you.
If you have trouble submitting your application, trying a different browser usually resolves the issue. Please know you must answer all required questions, before the system will allow you to move forward or complete your application.
Also, as long as the requisition is listed on our website we will continue to accept and review resumes for that position(s).
All applications will be reviewed and the NEON Project/Battelle Ecology, Inc. will contact you, via the information provided on your application, if we would like to speak with you regarding a phone screen or interview.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net