[ES_JOBS_NET] Job Opening - Atmospheric Data Scientist and Programmer, OneRain, Colorado
christin at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 21 15:01:07 MDT 2017
Job Opening - Atmospheric Data Scientist and Programmer
*Position:*Atmospheric Data Scientist and Programmer
OneRain measures rainfall and its consequences for agencies with
critical missions. Our mission is to provide industry-leading solutions
that empower our clients to perform their critical missions. OneRain's
vertical involvement in water measurement, from gauges through remote
sensing and storm analysis, enables us to collect and distribute the
best real-time and historical hydrometeorological data available.
OneRain is seeking to add to our growing team a colleague who will
provide our rainfall data estimation and production systems the
dedicated professionalism required for our customers to succeed. This
person will be responsible for the efficient, successful production of
high quality rainfall-related data and analytics that are then used for
projects of vital importance, including regulatory compliance, flood
management, forensic and legal processes, and other high value
applications related to water management. This person will also be
responsible for developing and maintaining the code base, as well as
develop new features or applications. This person likely has a
background in atmospheric science and will have strong, demonstrated
computer programming skills.
Support existing rainfall analytics, applications and our data
customers. Manage production systems and data to deliver high-end
rainfall datasets. Help program new tools and code to create spatial
environmental datasets efficiently and reliably. Document software
functionality and data analysis projects. Lead and perform testing and
analysis of software functionality, performance, and usability.
* Manage and process environmental data to produce high quality
* Enhance existing software tools and build new ones to improve our
* Be a primary contact for customers with data questions and issues.
* Explore and develop new methodologies and processes to improve
rainfall estimation and analytics capabilities.
* Document features and functions of our software and data services.
* Test our software and its functionality.
* Manage bug reporting, tracking and resolution.
* Become a technical expert in software to help support sales team
* Take on-call rotation to support our production systems.
*Required Skills, Credentials, and Experience*
* Degree in engineering, science, computer science, or related
environmental field with demonstrable practical coding experience.
* Atmospheric science/hydrology background is a highly desirable plus.
* Server based processing with Java.
* More than three years experience with two or more of the following:
C++, Java, Python
* Professional experience using Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems.
* At least three years of Linux/Unix development experience.
* Revision control systems (SVN).
* Three years or more doing software engineering for production systems.
*Abilities and Attributes*
* Wants to see customers and colleagues succeed; will do what it takes
* Able to see the big picture and takes responsibility for pursuing
the details necessary to create the larger desired outcome.
* Skilled at creating solutions that address industry and customer
issues effectively and cost-efficiently.
* Solves problems by breaking down larger problems into manageable pieces.
* Has solid written and verbal skills.
* Communicates technical concepts effectively with both technical and
* Is willing and able to work with existing code.
* Is open to learn new approaches, computer languages and technologies.
* Is a very strong team member and works well independently, as needed.
Compensation is based upon experience and qualifications. Please apply
by submitting your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements
to*resumes at onerain.com*
Attn: Human Resources
1531 Skyway Drive, Unit D
Longmont, CO 80504
*Equal Opportunity Employer*
OneRain Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy
of OneRain Incorporated to provide a fair and equal employment
opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin,
citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion,
creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to
public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. OneRain’s commitment to equal
opportunity is applied through every aspect of the employment
relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection,
placement, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, termination, and
all other matters of employment.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net