[ES_JOBS_NET] Job Opening: Field Technician I - Limnology
llunsford at battelleecology.org
Wed Apr 19 10:59:30 MDT 2017
JOB TITLE: Field Technician I_Limnology
Battelle and its affiliate, Battelle Ecology, Inc. manage and operate the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) project, which is solely funded by the National Science Foundation. A 30+ year project dedicated to understanding how changes in climate, land use and invasive species impact ecology, the observatory's scientists and engineers are collecting a comprehensive range of ecological data on a continental scale across 20 eco-climatic domains representing US ecosystems. Our teams use cutting-edge technology, including an airborne observation platform that captures images of regional landscapes and vegetation; mobile, relocatable, and fixed data collection sites with automated ground sensors to monitor soil and atmosphere; and trained field crews who observe and sample populations of diverse organisms and collect soil and water data. Once structures are completed, a leading edge cyberinfrastructure will calibrate, store and publish this information. The Observatory includes more than 500+ personnel and is the first of its kind designed to detect and enable forecasting of ecological change at continental scales.
The Domain 11 Field Operations Technician's primary work location is in Denton, TX. This position supports sites in the Southern Plains Domain. Southern Plains sites are located at Caddo-LBJ National Grasslands, the Marvin Klemme Range Research Station near Clinton, OK, and a third site located in North Texas or Southern Oklahoma. The Southern Plains Domain includes Texas, Oklahoma and south-central Kansas.
The Field Technician reports to the Field Operations Manager.
* Field Technician I - The Field Technician I is a biological sampling lead performing seasonal and periodic sampling activities and sample processing. Seasonal field sampling is conducted with the assistance of temporary field crews under the guidance of the Field Technician.
* Monitor and sample aquatic sites for water quality, biological indicators, physical properties of site (e.g. gaging streams, geomorphic mapping, etc.), and leading field crews to perform the aforementioned items.
* Test, troubleshoot and operate instruments, calibration equipment and test fixtures.
* Inspect and maintain aquatic sensors, gear and equipment.
* Assist the Battelle Ecology, Inc. Systems Engineering Product Team with instrument installation and testing (approximately the first 6 months).
* Perform aquatic vegetation diversity and primary productivity measurements.
* Sample for aquatic invertebrate and fish diversity and abundance.
A complete job description is available at http://www.neonscience.org/
HOW TO APPLY: In order to be considered for any open position with the NEON Project/Battelle Ecology, Inc, you must please go to our website http://www.neonscience.org/ and apply. We are unable to create an account/application for you.
If you have trouble submitting your application, trying a different browser usually resolves the issue. Please know you must answer all required questions, before the system will allow you to move forward or complete your application.
Also, as long as the requisition is listed on our website we will continue to accept and review resumes for that position(s).
All applications will be reviewed and the NEON Project/Battelle Ecology, Inc. will contact you, via the information provided on your application, if we would like to speak with you regarding a phone screen or interview.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net