[ES_JOBS_NET] Science Planner for the USAP Antarctic Support Contract (Leidos Corporation)
Sucher, Cara (Contractor)
Cara.Sucher.Contractor at usap.gov
Wed Apr 12 15:25:10 MDT 2017
The Leidos Corporation is seeking a Science Planner for the S&TPS (Science and Technical Project Services) Planning Group. The Planning Group works in coordination with the NSF (National Science Foundation), science and technical project teams, the S&TPS Implementation Group and other ASC (Antarctic Support Contract) functional areas to understand project goals, define operational requirements, and minimize risk for U.S. Antarctic Program (USAP) science and technical events. This group is the primary ASC interface for grantees, the NSF, and international agencies within an assigned portfolio of science projects.
Based in Arlington, VA, S&TPS Planners report directly to the Planning Manager. The Planning team interfaces directly with NSF-Polar staff, including Antarctic Infrastructure and Logistics managers and Antarctic Sciences program managers and works in close coordination with S&TPS Manager, Planning Manager, and Implementation team as well as other ASC functional areas, the NSF, and science grantees for seamless support of USAP, science support and NSF management. The Planners analyze science project logistical needs, assist in the development of project logistical support, conduct project planning meetings, manage or assist in support execution, and modify resource requirements and schedules through the evolution of a project.
* Reviews Antarctic science proposals for operational requirements in conjunction with NSF to make preliminary determinations of the appropriate level and method of logistical support.
* Initiates discussions with grantees and provides expertise to develop logistical project support plans from time of project award through the life of the project.
* Analyzes project needs, conducts planning meetings and assists with support execution. Modifies resource requirements and schedules as needed.
* Develops Operational Notices for current and upcoming USAP science and technical events; identifies potential risks and opportunities. Prepares project requirements reviews and participates in review meetings with the NSF.
* Develops long-range strategic plans for portfolio of assigned projects and communicates plans to ASC functional groups, grantees, the NSF, and international partners.
* Works with S&TPS Implementation staff and ASC functional work centers to ensure execution of logistical support provided to grantees is in line with planned requirements.
* Interacts with the NSF, military and other agency officials in a professional and tactful manner.
* Deploys to Antarctica for short durations for site visits or special project support, but will be primarily CONUS based.
* Ensures that S&TPS support meets contract obligations in a manner that meets or exceeds the customer's needs and expectations.
* Ensures that S&TPS performs support activities in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, standards and codes imposed by the Antarctic Treaty and the U.S. Government.
* Ensures safety is the highest priority and responsible for maintaining a safe workplace.
* Performs other duties as required
* A BA or BS degree in natural sciences or engineering and at least 5 years relevant experience.
* Familiarity with the conduct of field science and with the science questions addressed with field work. Prior experience planning and/or executing science support logistics in remote environments.
* Ability to review scientific proposals for operational requirements and feasibility. Strong organizational and communications skills; able to adapt to changing schedules and priorities.
* Must be a strong team player willing to embrace change.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
*** Short deployments to Antarctica will be required for this position. The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action.***
* Science degree in a field relevant to USAP research and prior USAP
* Prior planning/logistical support experience related to USAP research or other polar field support experience, particularly deep field experience
* Demonstrated ability to work productively with the science community and other functional groups.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
Leidos is a global leader in the integration and application of information, technology and systems working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the civil, health, defense, intelligence and homeland security markets. The company's 33,000 diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers in 30 countries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cara M. Sucher
Manager, Science Planning
Antarctic Support Contract
Currently in Arlington, VA:
P: 720.568.2254 (or x32254)
E: cara.sucher.contractor at usap.gov<mailto:cara.sucher.contractor at usap.gov>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net