[ES_JOBS_NET] Senior Geochemist - Barr Engineering Co. (MN, UT, AB)
Denise M. Levitan
DLevitan at barr.com
Tue Nov 1 10:07:34 MDT 2016
Barr is seeking a senior geochemist to join our growing practice. The person selected for this position will work on large, complex, and challenging projects for a leading environmental and civil consulting firm with an expanding presence in the U.S. and Canada. We are proud to have been named a 2016 Great Place to Work based on the results of a comprehensive employee survey. We are currently accepting applications at four of our locations: Minneapolis, MN<https://www.barr.com/page/56/job-opportunities/?positionId=1729>; Duluth, MN<https://www.barr.com/page/56/job-opportunities/?positionId=1731>; Salt Lake City, UT<https://www.barr.com/page/56/job-opportunities/?positionId=1730>; Calgary, Alberta<https://www.barr.com/page/56/job-opportunities/?positionId=1732>.
Project work may include environmental assessments; geochemical assessments and remediation; and mining waste management permitting. Expertise in acid rock drainage, mineral solubility, water balances, water quality modeling in arid environments, and the ability to work with industrial clients and regulatory agencies are required. Project responsibilities will include development of proposals, scopes of work, budgets, management of complex data collection programs; and preparation of reports and supporting documentation. Other typical activities may include mentoring junior staff and overseeing internal teams; communicating with clients; participating in meetings and negotiations with clients and regulatory agency personnel; analyzing financial performance on projects; and completing project deliverables.
The person in this position also will have a role in client service and business development. Typical business development activities include building and maintaining client relationships; tracking marketing leads and project opportunities; developing proposals and presentations; networking; and sharing Barr's capabilities with existing and potential clients.
* Master's degree in geochemistry or related discipline
* 10 or more years of practical experience working on geochemistry projects
* Specific knowledge of geochemistry (chemical reactions, phase diagrams, mineral solubility)
* Specific knowledge of general mineral deposit types and identification of minerals
* Ability to design programs to characterize potential for acid rock drainage and metal leaching, including application of geochemical testing methods for prediction of water chemistry
* Specific experience with modeling programs (e.g. PHREEQC, Geochemists Workbench)
* General knowledge of mineral exploration methods: mine waste disposal methods; mineral processing methods; and mine and environment regulations and policies
* Legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada without the need for sponsorship
* Acceptable driving record
* PhD in geochemistry or related discipline
* Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
* Demonstrated business development and client relationship development skills
* Experience with hydrothermal deposits
Barr Engineering and Environmental Science Canada, Ltd. reserves the right to consider other legitimate, non-discriminatory factors that are not specifically listed.
We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States or Canada.
Barr Engineering Company strives to make www.barr.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance with completing the application process, please call 952-832-2600, or toll free at 800-632-2277.
Barr is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other lawfully protected status.
Barr has many other openings across multiple disciplines throughout Barr's offices. Please visit www.barr.com/careers<http://www.barr.com/careers> for a full list of open positions.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net