[ES_JOBS_NET] Fwd: [FellowsCareers] Innovation Policy Fellow - Google X (CA)
subh.mishra at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 08:06:04 MDT 2016
Innovation Policy Fellow <http://pac.org/job/innovation-policy-fellow/>
Mountain View, CA
At X, we work on a bringing technology solutions to some of the world’s
biggest challenges – transforming mobility, generating clean energy,
providing internet access to remote populations. As part of this, X’s
Public Policy team works with policy makers across the world to make the
case for how an innovative approach to regulation and legislation can be
applied to help solve these challenges. You are a creative, enthusiastic
and expert team member who will strengthen our policy maker relationships
by building a network of innovative policy thinkers, particularly focussing
on the think tank and academic communities globally.
X is a moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, potentially
world-changing new ideas such as self-driving cars, balloon-powered
Internet and smart contact lenses are developed and taken out into the
world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of
people and make the world a radically better place. We’re a team of makers,
entrepreneurs, engineers and scientists with deep technical expertise who
love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. X was formerly known as
- Develop, build and sustain relationships between X and relevant think
tanks and academic institutions in key global markets
- Develop strategies for X to effectively and genuinely engage with the
intellectual community within academia, think tanks, and other
- Communicate with organizations about X products and their public
policy intersections, and about our overall product development process.
- Curate a program of events to enable X to engage with policy makers
and research institutions
- Work with engineering and cross-functional teams to create and
maintain X’s own research publications; provide X teams with relevant and
up-to-date reviews and insights into external research relevant to their
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience working in a policy, strategy or research role
within Government, the private sector or think tanks
- Practical experience of working with the think tank and/or academic
- Experience working internationally
- History of published research (academic or think tank)
- Knowledge of or previous experience with academic and think tank
processes and communities.
- Team player with a sense of humor and the ability to exercise good
judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment.
- Enthusiasm, commitment and scrappiness. X is small and we need people
to be ready to pitch in together.
- Great communicator, in person and in writing. Excellent personal,
analytical and organizational skills.
- Fluency in 2 languages
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net