[ES_JOBS_NET] Assistant Professor – Geography, Central Washington University
christin at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 8 07:57:37 MST 2016
Working in conjunction with other department faculty and university
administrators, the tenure-track faculty member in community or regional
planning will have responsibility teaching courses within their area of
expertise, engage in scholarship, and service activities.
* Ph.D. in geography or related field at the time of appointment
* Ability and desire to teach both undergraduate and graduate-level
courses in planning.
* Professional experience in community, regional, or urban planning
* Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in addition to
the planning courses mentioned above and that meet the needs of the
department and its related interdisciplinary programs, including the
Master of Science in Cultural and Environmental Resource Management
program, Environmental Studies, and the new Institute for Integrated
* Ability to employGIS, remote sensing, or other geospatial
technologies in research and teaching
* Experience in securing external funds to support research
* Ability to work collaboratively across disciplines
* Incorporation of student-research as a component of scholarship
* Evidence of mentoring students inside and outside of the classroom.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Commensurate with education and experience
Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch)
//CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including health
insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application
* A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and
experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred)
qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the
responsibilities as described by the posting; and
* Curricuum Vitae including work history, education, training and
contact information for three professional references.
Optional Documents Include:
* Statement of Teaching Philosophy
* Statement of Research Interest
*Screening Begins: January 25, 2016*
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Mike Pease, Search Committee Chair
Email: PeaseM at cwu.edu
Phone: (509) 963-2044
Please contact Human Resources athr at cwu.edu <mailto:hr at cwu.edu>or
509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a
background check. All information obtained through background
investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those
required to have access.
The conditions of employment with Central Washington University are set
forth in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Central Washington
University and United Faculty of Central, University policies and
procedures, and applicable state and federal laws.
The Collective Bargaining Agreement may be found
Equal Employment Opportunity
//Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal
Opportunity/Title IV employer committed to providing employment
opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion,
sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, disability, or protected veteran status.//
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net