[ES_JOBS_NET] Postdoctoral Fellow, Mesoscale Meteorology; Reno, Nevada
Bridget.Walden at dri.edu
Mon Apr 25 09:46:54 MDT 2016
I would like the post the following job announcement to the ES Job Announcement List:
Postdoctoral Fellow, Mesoscale Meteorology
The Desert Research Institute (DRI; www.dri.edu<http://www.dri.edu>) is accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Reno, Nevada with interest and expertise in the following:
* Complex terrain meteorology
* Energy meteorology (wind, solar, load)
* Wildfire meteorology
* Predictability of extreme weather events
* Operational numerical weather prediction and regional wind resource downscaling
The Postdoctoral Fellow will be tasked with maintaining and expanding multiple existing operational weather decision support platforms, contributing to peer-reviewed manuscripts regarding extreme heating events in Southern California as part of an NSF-funded grant, contributing to technical reports for various clients and sponsors, and contributing to wildfire meteorology forecasting and applications.
* Ph.D. in Atmospheric Sciences or other related discipline from an accredited institution
* Experience working with meteorological observations, including remote sensing instruments
* Experience with the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model on multiple high performance computing (HPC) clusters
* Proficiency in scientific programming (Linux/bash/Python preferred) in an operational environment
* Ability and desire to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
* Ability to effectively communicate complex scientific concepts, results and outcomes to people who are not scientists
* Ability to publish in the peer reviewed literature
* US Citizenship
Qualified individuals interested in this position should apply online at https://jobs.dri.edu/postings/147. To ensure full consideration, your application package should be received by May 24, 2016.
To learn more about DRI, visit us at www.dri.edu<http://www.dri.edu> or call the recruitment office at 702-862-5548. DRI is an AA/EEO employer who gives consideration in employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex. Individuals with disabilities or protected veteran status are encouraged to apply.
Human Resources Generalist
Desert Research Institute
O: 775-673-7335 | F: 775-673-7339
2215 Raggio Parkway, Reno, NV 89512 | http://www.dri.edu<http://www.dri.edu/>
Career Opportunities: http://jobs.dri.edu<http://jobs.dri.edu/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net