[ES_JOBS_NET] Mineralogy/Petrology Lecturer, State University of New York at Fredonia
Katharine.Johanesen at fredonia.edu
Mon May 18 14:22:03 MDT 2015
Please see the ad below or visit this link for full details:
Applications received by June 15, 2015 will be given full consideration
*About State University of New York at Fredonia:*
The State University of New York at Fredonia is a comprehensive, selective,
public, residential, liberal arts university located in beautiful Western
New York, just minutes from Lake Erie. Founded in 1826, the university is
among the most storied in the State University of New York system. It is
home to a world-renowned School of Music and over 100 degree programs in
the liberal arts, natural and social sciences, education, mathematics, and
business. Fredonia also features cutting-edge programs in the emerging
fields of technology, service, and communication and is consistently ranked
among the top public, master's granting universities in the North by U.S.
News and World Report.
Fredonia is known for its strong academic programs, attractive architecture
and grounds, rich campus life, and commitment to student engagement and
success. Fredonia is focused on ensuring that all Fredonia students,
utilizing knowledge developed through a broad range of intellectual
experiences, will be:
- Skilled (develop Intellectual and Applied Skills, Literacies and
- Connected (engage Community and Diversity: Local Stewardship, Global
- Creative (demonstrate Scholarship, Artistry, and Innovation), and
- Responsible (activate Sustainability, Ethics, Leadership, and
Read a message <http://www.fredonia.edu/president/> from State University
of New York at Fredonia's President.
The State University of New York at Fredonia invites applications for
Lecturer *position beginning *August 2015*. This is a 1-year, temporary
position that offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits
Reporting to the Chair, the successful candidate will:
- Teach 12 contact hours per semester including GEO 215 (Minerals and
Rocks) for Earth Science Adolescence Education majors, GEO 411 (Mineralogy)
and GEO 421 (Petrology) for Geology and Geochemistry majors, and two
introductory Physical Geology sections.
- Provide essential support for four active majors: B.S. Geology, B.S.
Geochemistry, Earth Science Adolescence Education, and B.A. Early Science
- Provide academic advisement to students
- Participate in committees and provide service to the department,
college, university, and profession
- Be aware of, understand, and follow all university policies.
- ABD in Geology doctoral degree program or completed Masters in Science
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching;
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness with instructional
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the needs of diverse learners;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively, and in a collegial
and professional manner, with students, faculty, and staff;
- The ability to multi-task, meet goals and deadlines;
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with a diverse group of
students, faculty, staff and constituents in support of campus and
- Demonstrated commitment to the university, division, and profession.
- PhD by September 1, 2015
Fredonia prides itself on an outstanding workforce. To continually support
organizational excellence, the university conducts background screens on
An Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Fredonia provides for,
and promotes, equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms
and conditions of employment, without discrimination.
Pursuant to University policy, the University is committed to fostering a
diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as
ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services,
programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color,
national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic
characteristics, military status, or domestic violence victim status.
Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University
community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may
not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated
adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
The University's policy is in accordance with federal and state laws and
regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination and harassment. These laws
include the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as Amended by the Equal
Employment Opportunity Act of 1972, and the New York State Human Rights
Law. These laws prohibit discrimination and harassment, including sexual
harassment and sexual violence.
Interested candidates shall apply and submit the *required *documents
listed below by clicking on the APPLY NOW button. Complete applications
received by *June 15, 2015* will be given full consideration.
- Cover Letter
Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you
instructions that enable you to upload the additional, required documents.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net