[ES_JOBS_NET] NREL Director's Fellowships, Golden CO
christin at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 24 05:48:31 MDT 2015
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) Director's Fellowships
attracts the next generation of exceptionally qualified scientists and
engineers with outstanding talent and credentials in renewable energy
research and related disciplines. Complete application packages are
reviewed annually from June through September 15.
Candidates are selected based on eligibility, program expectations, and
research proposals. Overriding consideration, when evaluating the
application, will be the quality of the candidate. Successful candidates
will serve a two-year term, with a possible third-year renewal paid with
program funding (maximum three-year appointments). The Director's
Fellowship includes a premium salary rate, additional funding for
conferences/presentations, competitive benefits package, and relocation
assistance (for moves greater than 50 miles from NREL).
Fellows receive a research allowance, provided by the research center,
of $10,000 per fellowship year to cover expenses for professional
development activities including:
* Laptops or personal computers
* Professional development conferences, workshops, and meetings
* Memberships, books, and subscriptions to technical organizations.
Laboratory Directed Research and Development Program Funding
* Travel (domestic/foreign) related to the advancement of project
research is allowed within the applied laboratory limits.
* Purchase of research equipment, materials, software and supplies
required to complete the project are allowed if not already available.
Note: Projects are limited to a maximum 24-month period of performance.
Highly qualified postdocs with a record of superior academic
performance; demonstrated research and academic accomplishments in
renewable energy technologies; and extraordinary scientific research
abilities are encouraged to apply. Requirements:
* All Ph.D. requirements completed prior to appointment and be at an
early point in a promising career of world-class research and
leadership in the appropriate discipline
* Full-time commitment to an NREL research program to extend through
the duration of the fellowship
* NREL researcher/mentor's nomination application for submission to
the Postdoctoral Research Review Committee. SeeResearch
identify potential mentors.
Successful applicants will meet the same legal requirements required of
all NREL employees. Additional expectations for the fellowship program
* Proposed research scheduled to meet the laboratory's overall
* Annual performance evaluation progress reports
* Mid-term evaluation/research expectations by mentor and center director
* Final report due at fellowship conclusion to include: an abstract of
the research conducted and copies of publications resulting from the
Note: Papers published as a result of research conducted at NREL,*must
comply with NREL publications procedures and be submitted for legal
review and approval.*
How to Apply
Complete application packages are reviewed once per year: June through
September 15. Fellowships are decided by the end of November. Successful
candidates are notified within six weeks of anticipated assignment start
*Applicants must identify an NREL researcher to mentor the proposed
research and acquire a letter of intent to nominate from the identified
mentor.*The mentor chosen must also have a Ph.D. SearchResearch Staff
find potential mentors.
To apply for the Director's Fellowship click the Find Your Opportunity
button above and type in the key word "Fellowship." Submit the following
1. A letter of interest
2. Proof of PhD degree*prior to assignment start date*
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. A letter of recommendation from your current supervisor or academic
5. Research proposal addressing the long-term science and engineering
needs which would support the laboratory's mission and goals. (Focus
on the proposed research and identify an appropriate area within the
laboratory to host the research. Clearly state the research
challenges, identify the scientific or technological questions that
are associated with the challenge, define the strategy to address
these questions, and define an approach—three pages maximum, typed,
11 pt font, include references/bibliography.)
6. Names and contact information of two additional individuals from
nationally known faculty or scientists in relevant disciplines, who
are knowledgeable about the candidate's capabilities and research
7. NREL mentor's letter of intent to support the candidate.
/*Please note that your application will be considered incomplete if
submitted without the required information, and will not be reviewed.*/
<mailto:directorfellowship at nrel.gov>(directorfellowship at nrel.gov) with
questions about the Director's Fellowship.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net