[ES_JOBS_NET] Air Quality Sensor and Atmospheric Chemistry Specialist, PerkinElmer, Hopkinton MA US
christin at ucar.edu
Sun Jan 25 08:51:33 MST 2015
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Location :Hopkinton MA US
Job Description :
We are in need of a flexible scientist with a foundation in atmospheric
chemistry/ air pollution. This candidate must have experience in
measuring air quality and a deep understanding of sources, dispersion
and fate of pollutants such as NO2, Ozone, particulate matter &
aerosols, and volatile organics. Experience with operation and
maintenance of monitoring equipment is essential, experience with sensor
based air monitoring systems is a plus.
This individual must be comfortable with experimental design for the
calibration, evaluation and development of air monitoring technology.
This role will organize and execute both indoor (chamber) and outdoor
experiments for the design and manufacture of such equipment.
This role includes responsibilities in the design, development,
production and calibration of instrumentation, as well as sales and
marketing support through the generation and presentation of
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Deep understanding of air pollution in the environment, including
sources, chemical reactions, dispersion and modeling.
* Participates in product design, development and deployment
* Designs, develops and executes experiments to determine the
performance of instrumentation in indoor and outdoor environments.
* Utilizes knowledge of atmospheric chemistry to provide insights into
novel approaches to improve measurement technologies.
* Review and discuss technical briefs, provide analytical detection or
sample preparation insights and resource estimates for new
* Generates applications proof, and works with customers and
collaborators to develop solutions.
* Is able to trouble-shoot and diagnose problems with specific
* Contributes to application reports and scientific publications.
Exhibits good oral and written communication skills. Interacts with
project team members and peers to anticipate and resolve day to day
issues. Interact with other divisions, customers and suppliers on
routine matters to achieve results.
* Interacts, coaches and answers queries from the field or customers
Job Requirements :
* PhD or equivalent experience related to atmospheric chemistry, air
monitoring, or the development and validation of sensor based air
* 3 - 5 years of recent science experience with air monitoring
* Ability to succeed in a global fast-paced environment, working on
multiple projects with dynamic priorities and deadlines.
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent team orientation.
* Experience with LabView software, dispersion modeling, GIS and other
software techniques commonly used in this field.
* Environmental test chamber design, operation and maintenance
* Knowledge of global environmental regulations
* Experience designing and building sensor based monitoring systems.
Up to 25% Travel required
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or
any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is
committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net