[ES_JOBS_NET] Program Coordinator - Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Metropolitan State University of Denver
christin at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 26 05:42:27 MST 2015
*Program Coordinator - Earth and Atmospheric Sciences*
Metropolitan State University of Denver-Denver, CO
The Program Coordinator will set the standard for professional operation
of the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences’ office. This
includes a variety of tasks such as reception, office administration,
supervision of work-study students, administrative support, and academic
Program coordinators perform a wide range of duties including the following:
• Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
• Reply to general information requests with accurate information
• Greet faculty, students, or visitors to the department in a
professional and enthusiastic manner
20%-Office administration and supervision
• Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to
prepare Departmental documents, communications, and mailings
• Respond to student requests via email
• Manage the EAS webpage
• Forward voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate contact
• Purchase, receive, and store the office supplies, ensuring that basic
supplies are always available
• Adhere to FERPA regulations for the maintenance of confidentiality
• File forms according to the established procedures
• Update Departmental bulletin board space within the Science building
• Manage student work-study employees including interviewing and hiring;
training, supervision, and mentoring
• Establish oversight of student employee work schedules
• Conduct student employee performance evaluations
• Process timesheets in accordance with HR policies
40%-Provide Administrative Support
• Provide high quality administrative and clerical support to the
• Produce error-free memos, reports, flyers, and publication materials
related to academic programs
• Prepare meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution,
including meeting minutes
• Coordinate preparation of course schedules each semester by compiling
faculty teaching requests
• Notify instructors of the final exam schedule
• Manage textbook orders with the bookstore
• Processing Affiliate Faculty contracts or letters of appointment in
accordance with HR policies
• Acclimate new Affiliate Faculty to MSU Denver and EAS departmental
policies, procedures, etc.
30%-Academic Advising Support
• Print advising reports for students
• Create advising program plans and related forms
• Provide advice to students about degree requirements when faculty
advisors are unavailable
• Create calendars of faculty office hours.
Personal characteristics essential to the success of Program
Coordinators include the following:
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices
and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with
these standards and align with the values of EAS .
• Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working
relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the
goals of the organization.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough
and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools
• Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the
needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their
expectations within the organizational parameters.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set
goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency
and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best
interests of the organization.
• Organized: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress
towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
• Focused on Advancement: Determine strategies to move the organization
forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the
process and results.
• Problem Solver: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather
and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make
recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
In order to be considered as a qualified applicant, applicants must meet
all required qualifications.
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 1 year of experience working in an office setting
• Experience providing customer service
• Experience using computer programs for: word processing, database
management, spreadsheets, email, and the Internet.
• Experience using office equipment, that includes: computer, voice
messaging systems, Fax and photo copier
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Experience as an administrative assistant in a University setting
• Experience providing excellent customer service
• Purchasing experience
• Experience using Banner or similar database system
• Knowledge of EAS curriculum and programs
• Ability to work as part of a team and at times work independently with
• Experience providing supervision to student employees
• Must possess the ability to behave ethically and in compliance with
university policies and procedures
• Experience organizing and coordinating schedules and projects.
• Time management skills that allow for working on multiple projects at
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net