[ES_JOBS_NET] 2 internship positions, data assimilation, Colorado State University (CSU), Ft. Collins, CO
christin at ucar.edu
Tue Feb 24 05:34:19 MST 2015
The Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere (CIRA) at
Colorado State University (CSU) seeks to fill 2 internship positions as
part of a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) award
intended to increase the number of experts in the field of data
assimilation. Both internships, located atCIRAin Fort Collins, Colorado,
will be for one year and will cover practical and theoretical training.
Both Interns will learn how to use severalNOAAmodels and novel data
assimilation techniques. Both Interns must be able to travel to visit
the relevantNOAAlabs as well as attend domestic meetings and workshops.
The individuals in this position will be members of theCIRAData
Assimilation group and will be responsible for:
• Actively participating in theoretical data assimilation training;
• Defining and conducting a mutually agreed upon data assimilation
research project applyingNOAAoperational codes;
• Publishing research results in peer-reviewed journals;
• Supporting technical presentations of related work;
• Researching relevant science and technology.
Annual Salary: $40,000
Required Job Qualifications
• Research-based M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Meteorology, Oceanography,
Hydrology, or related physical science disciplines, such as Applied
Mathematics and Engineering. Degree must be conferred by January 1, 2015.
• Higher education in fundamental physics and/or mathematics
• Coding/Programming experience
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Knowledge of numerical analysis methods
• Knowledge of retrievals and satellite data
• Knowledge of numerical modeling
• Experience with high-end computing
• Experience with scientific programming languages
• Experience with Fortran 90
• Interest inNOAA-focused research
• Ability to work as part of a research development team
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are
expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to
diversity and inclusion.
Quick Link For Posting http://jobs.colostate.edu:80/postings/7271
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net