[ES_JOBS_NET] Project Scientist I - Hydro-meteorology researcher, NCAR - Research Applications Laboratory (RAL)
christin at ucar.edu
Wed Dec 30 07:26:52 MST 2015
Project Scientist I - Hydro-meteorology researcher
*PLEASE NOTE*: This is a full-time, 2 year - term position with the
possibility of extension. Initial consideration will be given to
applications received prior to Monday, January 18, 2016. Thereafter,
applications will be reviewed on an as-needed basis.
NCAR - Research Applications Laboratory (RAL) – Hydrometerorology
Applications Program (HAP)
Partial relocation costs paid per UCAR’s relocation policy.
If necessary, UCAR/NCAR will sponsor a work visa (e.g., H1B, etc.)
to fill this position.
*BASIC JOB FUNCTION*:
This is an exempt, professional scientific position with
responsibilities for identifying, leading, and conducting
hydro-meteorology modeling research on both weather and climate time
scales. The incumbent is expected to write proposals, and
communicate scientific results in both oral and written form by
presenting papers at national and international
scientific meetings and by publishing papers in scientific journals
* Leads and conducts high-quality, independent and collaborative
research related to the broad scope and functions of the
job,specifically focusing on hydrometeorological processes using
various modeling approaches at both weather and climate time scales.
* Develops hydrometeorological prediction and simulation systems
for research and specialized applications.
* Collaborates with other hydrologic and land-surface-process
specialists in the application of atmospheric and hydrologic
* Publishes results in peer-reviewed journals and participates in
national and international meetings on a regular basis.
* Maintains knowledge of current developments in topics of
relevance to the research projects.
* Investigates new opportunities for funding and prepares and
submits proposals; serves as Principal Investigator on funded
* Conducts reviews of papers for scientific journals
Education and Experience:
PhD in atmospheric science or a physical science, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Post-doctoral experience is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Advanced capabilities in continental-domain hydrologic modeling
* Demonstrated understanding of hydro-meteorological processes at
both weather and climate time scales
* Demonstrated skill in using weather, climate and hydrological
modeling systems, including associated statistical and dynamical
* Demonstrated skill in managing large model simulations and
handling vast amounts of hydrologic data
* Demonstrated ability to conduct high-quality, independent
scientific and collaborative research (as evidenced by
publications in refereed scientific journals)
* Skill in writing scientific papers and in making oral presentations
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships
within and outside the organization
The University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) is an
*equal opportunity employer*
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status,
sexual orientation, domestic partner status, disability, or veteran
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Term Full-Time (T1)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net