[ES_JOBS_NET] Remote Sensing Specialist, Sanborn Map Company, Lakewood, Colorado
christin at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 17 07:08:15 MDT 2015
*Organization:*Sanborn Map Company
*Title:*Remote Sensing Specialist
The Sanborn Map Company is looking to fill a Remote Sensing Specialist
Join Sanborn’s award-winning onsite team! The Remote Sensing Specialist
position requires specific technical skills and expertise to provide
assistance to government technical experts for remote sensing,
photogrammetry, and other geospatially related tools
national/regional/local project support, workflow development, model
development, raster data management, application development, technology
evaluations, training, and general technical functions. Support may take
the form of variety of image processing functions (e.g.,
orthorectification, thematic classification, feature extraction, image
enhancement, etc.) as well as other tasks such as project scoping and
This onsite position reports to the “Place of Performance” customer
location at the Denver Federal Center, National Operations Center (NOC),
in Lakewood, CO.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in GIS, remote sensing or related field.
• Four (4) years or more experience in remote sensing and related
• Background in GIS or imagery classification and analysis using
commercial software such as ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, eCognition, and ESRI
• Understanding of statistics.
• Project coordination/management background.
• Interpret and analyze remotely sensed and photogrammetric imagery.
• Perform image processing procedures such as orthorectification, image
registration, atmospheric and radiometric correction, and mosaicking
using software including Erdas Imagine and ENVI.
• Derive spectral indices (i.e., NDVI), pan-sharpened imagery, and
change detection products from remotely sensed data.
• Perform image classification and analysis to produce land and/or
species cover maps, in accordance with agency protocols and standards,
under the supervision of the lead Remote Sensing Specialist.
• Employ open source point classification tools including LAStools,
Cloud Compare, and Support Vector Machines (SVM).
• Build 2-D and 3-D terrain models from very large point cloud images
using PhotoScan or similar software.
• Perform Object-Based Image Assessments (OBIA) and image segmentation
using eCognition other similar segmentation software.
• Develop new analytical techniques employing remote sensing and other
geospatial information to meet resource management goals.
• Work among diverse team members and customers to develop custom
Graphical User Interface (GUI) tools to integrate RS and ecological data.
• Develop methods for handling very large datasets.
• Create custom scripts in Python, C++, Windows Command line and others
to meet the diverse needs.
• Participate in project teams providing Remote Sensing & GIS support.
• Assist in designing remote sensing and GIS projects and related
products in consultation with staff and agency partners.
• Attend meetings, conference, and/or seminars to present work and
project findings to other federal and academic interests.
1) Demonstrate working knowledge of photogrammetric principals such as
aerial triangulation (AT), bundle adjustments, stereo compilation,
camera calibration, etc.
2) Demonstrate knowledge of data validation and accuracy assessment
techniques for quantification and reporting of error in geospatial datasets.
3) Demonstrate professional experience applying raster, image, and point
cloud data to address natural and cultural resource management applications.
4) Demonstrate experience designing, managing, and maintaining
geospatial databases (including Esri file and SDE geodatabases).
5) Demonstrate knowledge of raster, point cloud, and 3D data formats
(e.g., geotiff, img, sid, jpg, ascii, las, ply, 3D PDF) and their
properties, along with experience developing tools to process these
various data sources.
6) Demonstrate professional knowledge of concepts and principles of
remote sensing (including sensors, platforms, software packages, and
current science and technology trends), and high level competence in
digital image processing, geographic information systems use, and other
7) Demonstrate professional knowledge of geography, digital cartography,
physical science and/or biology in order to successfully integrate and
apply the full range of remote sensing technology to accomplish Bureau
missions and goals.
8) Demonstrate direct professional experience with a variety of image
processing and photogrammetric software packages including Erdas
Imagine, eCognition, PhotoScan, and Esri’s Suite of Image-related tools.
9) Demonstrate professional working competence in the applications of
remote sensing technology and functional abilities in geographic
projections, transformation, geodetic science, database management,
geographic information systems, and statistics.
10) Demonstrate proven experience working with multiple types and
resolutions of remote sensing data. The candidate must demonstrate
advanced knowledge of sensor technologies and platforms such as LIDAR,
aerial photography, high resolution satellites, LANDSAT, and Unmanned
Aerial Systems (UAS).
11) Demonstrate proven proficiency with a number of image processing
procedures such as preprocessing, orthorectification, classification,
atmospheric and radiometric correction, image normalization, change
detection, and image segmentation and object-oriented image processing.
12) Demonstrate strong programming and automation skills using industry
standard tools such as C++, Python, and VB.Net;
13) Demonstrate proven ability to work within a team context of diverse
physical, biological, ecological, technical, and environmental sciences
personnel that are both inside the Bureau and with external partners
such as other agencies, NGOs, universities, and the general public.
Contractor Personnel Security and Suitability Requirements
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to
initiate the credentialing process:
• OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
• National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
• Release to Obtain Credit Information
• PIV card application (web-based)
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass
a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal
History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying
for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which
includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability
and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Submit your resume and detailed response to each of the 13
Requirements via email to employment at sanborn.com. Indicate “Remote
Sensing Specialist” in the subject line of the email.
Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net