[ES_JOBS_NET] Post-doctoral Researcher, WRF-chem modeling, NCAR
christin at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 17 13:49:56 MDT 2014
The link to the position is at:
NCAR - NCAR Earth System Laboratory (NESL)
Atmospheric Chemistry Division (ACD)
Basic Function of Job: The Postdoctoral Researcher will work as part of
interdisciplinary teams that are working on cookstove intervention
experiments in West Africa and China. The Postdoctoral Research will
conduct original research and engage in group research using the Weather
Research Forecasting Model with Chemistry (WRF-Chem) to investigate the
impact of cooking technologies on emissions, chemistry and climate. The
Post-Doctoral Researcher will use laboratory and field measurements to
develop emissions inventories and scenarios, and use WRF-chem to
simulate air quality and climate.
Works with team members to develop emission inventories for the study
region. Designs and conducts modeling experiments with WRF-chem. Uses
in-situ measurements and satellite observations to evaluate the results.
Analyzes WRF-Chem data with respect to other observations and in-situ
Collaborates with other researchers and team members to analyze modeling
and measurement results. Communicates the results of the research
through publication in peer-reviewed journals, book chapters, meeting
proceedings, presentations at scientific meetings, and contributions to
Will work safely in accordance with ACD and NESL procedures, the
Employee Safety Handbook and the UCAR Safety Manual. Will report
injuries and unsafe conditions to supervisor and the Safety Office
Education & Experience:
* Ph.D. in physics, atmospheric science or equivalent.
* Demonstrated record of research and publication.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Detailed knowledge of fundamental processes controlling atmospheric
chemistry and transport.
* Familiarity with global and regional chemical transport models, so
as to be able to run simulations and to customize the model code and
inputs for specific studies, along with analyzing the results.
* Skill in the analysis and interpretation of experimental results.
* Ability to participate and interact productively in
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on scientific
* Detailed knowledge of differential and integral equations, numerical
and statistical methods and linear algebra.
* Skills in written and oral communication of research results and
presentation of proposals.
* Skills in UNIX, FORTRAN and IDL.
*DESIRED (but not required)*:
* Experience using the WRF-chem model.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net