[ES_JOBS_NET] FW: Associate Editor at Science
Baker, Leslie (email@example.com)
lbaker at uidaho.edu
Tue Feb 4 12:56:56 MST 2014
Please forward this message to anyone you think might be interested.
The complete job posting (also pasted below) and link to apply online is at: https://www.irecruit-us.com/index.php?OrgID=I20090201&pg=listings
Briefly, we are looking to hire someone at the Associate Editor level with expertise in at least one, but preferably more than one, of the following fields:
- mineral physics and mechanics
- materials science
Complete requirements/expectations are below. I am happy to help answer any questions or discuss more specifics of what the job entails.
Thanks in advance,
Science / AAAS
nwiggint at aaas.org<mailto:nwiggint at aaas.org>
ph: +1 734-707-1561
COMPLETE JOB POSTING:
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) seeks a full time Associate Editor in the physical sciences to work, preferably, in our Washington, DC, USA or Cambridge, UK office. We are looking for a scientist with broad interests, a lively curiosity, and experience with cutting-edge research in at least one, but preferably more than one, of the following fields: geophysics, seismology, mineral physics and mechanics, materials science. Science is published by the AAAS, the world's largest general scientific membership organization. Visit us at www.sciencemag.org<http://www.sciencemag.org> and www.aaas.org<http://www.aaas.org>.
Major duties and responsibilities:
* Manages the selection, review, and editing of research manuscripts
* Works with authors on revisions, soliciting review articles, and special issues
* Fosters contacts and communication with the scientific community
* Solicits manuscripts from authors at scientific community meetings or over the phone
* Stays abreast of scientific advances through literature reviews, meetings and professional contacts
* Mastery of a professional field acquired through completion of a Ph.D. in a scientific discipline
* Three to five years of experience or post-doctoral research with multiple publications
* Ability to work constructively as a member of a team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate with authors and reviewers in evaluating, editing, and modifying manuscripts
* Strong technology skills in contemporary software packages
* Previous editorial experience is not necessary, but evidence of an aptitude and passion for the communication of science is essential
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net