[ES_JOBS_NET] Ad to post - LBL - Career Track Geological Research Scientist (Climate Sciences)
abby at adclub.com
Fri Aug 8 15:02:28 MDT 2014
Please post the below ad for our client, LBL.
Executive Administrative Assistant
abby at adclub.com
209.3431900 - main/billing #
209.343.1907 - direct #
209.343.1945- fax #
Career Track Geological Research Scientist (Climate Sciences) - 79929
Organization: ES-Earth Sciences
The Climate Sciences Department in the Earth Sciences Division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) has an exciting opportunity for a Research Scientist focused on climate change impacts on tropical forests. An important aspect of this work is evaluation and benchmarking of land surface model components in Earth systems models (ESMs). The position will focus on data analysis and interpretation and developing prototype field investigations to support model development and uncertainty analysis. We seek talented applicants with strong skills in (1) sensitivity analysis and uncertainty quantification; (2) the analysis and interpretation of large complex datasets (e.g., CMIP5, remote sensing); (3) the development of field studies to investigate model uncertainties; and (4) the application of models to address complex questions at the interface of land-atmosphere interactions, ecosystem processes, and plant demography. The successful applicant will join a large dynamic interdisciplinary department that is making climate and carbon cycle observations and developing and applying ecosystem, atmospheric process, and climate models. LBNL is a renowned center of scientific expertise in many facets of climate-related fundamental and applied science. The position is open immediately.
• Uncertainty and sensitivity quantification
• Use of existing experimental and observational datasets to evaluate model structures and parameterizations
• Analysis and interpretation of large complex datasets
• Develop prototype field studies to address model uncertainties
• Work in a multidisciplinary team environment
• Author peer-reviewed journal articles and contribute to grant proposals
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Ph.D. in (Geology, Geochemistry, Geophysics) or equivalent years of experience working in the discipline
• Postdoctoral or Research Scientist experience in analysis and interpretation of complex datasets
• Postdoctoral or Research Scientist experience in developing field studies to address model uncertainties
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Established record of peer reviewed articles
• Computational /programming skills
• Research activities focused on tropical forests
• Specific research experience in ecosystem demography, dynamic vegetation, plant water relations, ecophysiology, gap dynamics, and related processes
NOTES: This is a 1-year, career-track term appointment that may be renewed to a maximum of five years and that may be converted to career based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
This position requires completion of a background check.
How to Apply
Apply directly online at http://220.127.116.11/counter.php?id=12408 and follow the online instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net