[ES_JOBS_NET] Geological Postdoctoral Fellow - Berkeley, CA
jennifer at adclub.com
Mon Aug 4 10:31:04 MDT 2014
Please post the below on behalf of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in Berkeley, CA.
Geological Postdoctoral Fellow - 79910
Organization: ES-Earth Sciences
The Earth Sciences Division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) has an exciting opportunity for a Postdoctoral scientist who will work with a team of scientists studying ecosystem response to warming in Alaska as part of the Next Generation Ecosystem Experiment (NGEE) Arctic (http://ngee-arctic.ornl.gov/). The Postdoctoral scientist will make field measurements of CO2 and CH4 fluxes with portable chambers and an eddy covariance system across a climate gradient in Alaska. You will maintain instruments, plan measurement campaigns, and integrate observations with data on vegetation, energy fluxes, and geophysics. The successful candidate will be able to generate high quality data independently and write interesting papers of their design on, for example, process-level responses, footprint analysis and uncertainty, scaling, or modeling testing and applications. You will be responsible for running an eddy-covariance system and archiving data, as well as integrating observations collected by the larger team to develop empirical assessments and test models.
To be considered, please submit your CV including 1-2 publications, and contact information for 3 references must be provided.
• Measure trace gas flux with chambers and eddy-covariance towers.
• Analyze data and publish paper on greenhouse gas fluxes from the Arctic.
• Contribute to measurement of albedo and radiation fluxes.
• Conduct field work in Alaska.
• Scale from chamber to tower footprint.
• Synthesize multiple kinds of observations and climate forcings.
• Compare observations to model predictions.
• Assist with improvement and evaluation of models.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Recent Ph.D. in ecology, earth sciences, biometeorology or related field.
• Demonstrated record of publishing and presenting at scientific conferences.
• Demonstrated expertise in biogeochemistry and/or biometeorology through field work or modeling.
• Demonstrated expertise in working with large data sets.
• Ability to work effectively in a physically demanding job and to work safely in remote, harsh environments.
NOTE: This is a 1 year term appointment with the possibility of renewal for up to 3 years based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs. Salary for post-doctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree. Berkeley Lab understands the postdoctoral experience in a research environment is unique. We are committed to the growth and development of early career researchers in pursuit of becoming next generation scientists and engineers.
This position requires completion of a background check.
How to Apply
Apply directly online at http://126.96.36.199/counter.php?id=12384 and follow the online instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. Read about the excellent Total Rewards Program at Berkeley Lab.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Ad Club Advertising
Toll Free: 800.333.1228
Toll Free Fax: 800.759.4675
jennifer at adclub.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net